Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here likes to shoot plinkers? I can't ever seem to get enough of it. I have a remington model 597 rifle w/scope, H&R model 929 9 shot revolver, and another H&R top break seven shot revolver. Cheap guns and cheap bullets, man you just can't go wrong. A 550 count box of 22s and Im having tons of fun for several hours.

·
Registered
115 Posts
How much does a 550 count box of .22's cost? Just curious cause I'm wondering if it's that much cheaper than 9mm I might have to start practicing with them instead.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JohnSteele
A box of remington 550 count hollow points at wally world cost $13.00. Trigger control and target acquisition is what I practice when shooting 22s.
Sure every gun is different but in my opinion shooting my 22s make me a better shot with the bigger caliper guns.

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
I also want to add that if you would like your wife or girlfriend to start shooting the .22 caliber is a little milder to shoot and will help overcome the feeling you get when you learn to shoot with a larger caliber.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also want to add that if you would like your wife or girlfriend to start shooting the .22 caliber is a little milder to shoot and will help overcome the feeling you get when you learn to shoot with a larger caliber.
So true. Its been several years since I taught my girlfriend how to shoot and still to this day if she go's to the range with me all she mainly wants to shoot is the 22s. However she's a hell of a shot with my .40 cal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a Marlin 60 rifle with a scope that I bought about 25 years ago along with a Ruger Mark II 6 & 7/8 bull barrel in ss with a Leupold scope. (I call my wife Andi Oakley) She loves that one. I also have a Walther P-22 and we just purchased a Charter Arms Pathfinder revolver with a 2" barrel. (Wife's request) Gotta love it when she wants to buy another gun! You can't beat the price of Remington Golden Bullets from Wally World.

Safe and sane shooting everyone,

johnstuf

·
Registered
297 Posts
Funny...I just found a Marlin 60 and a Marlin 70 that I had forgotten I had. Both were given to me...one originally just for me to store...but long since bequeathed to me...

The other one...for some reason I thought there was something wrong with it...but I contacted my friend that was the original owner today and he assured me that it works just fine...

Now I need to buy more ammo...right? You know...since I have more .22s to shoot... ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
.22's

Went to the range today and we shot around 360 rounds out of our 3 .22 pistols. Not as accurate as we'd like to be but lots of fun! :). Also put 34 rounds thru my P32 Keltec. Gotta love it!

Safe and sane shooting everyone,

johnstuf

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I have 2 rifles and 2 hand guns.
A Remington 511X, a Marlin 39A, Heritage Rough Rider ( no comments please) and a Beretta Neos.
I have a blast with them and now with the cost of centerfire ammo they're cheap to shoot.
I just got my Marlin back from Marlin and put a scope on it and I'll be at Knight's Trail this afternoon sighting in.

AFS

·
Registered
10 Posts
22 plinker

I have a S&W 22A, cost $209.00 a couple of months ago. You can shoot for hours for under $10.00. I love shooting it.
It is very accurate and I'm not that good of a marksman. I'll shoot 3 0r 4 mags of the .22 and then then 5 or 10 shots of .38 from my 642 S&W carry.
I probably wouldn't go to the range as much if I didn't have the .22.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts