Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
54,331 Posts
I'll regularly carry my NAA 22mag PUG in my pocket. When exiting stores into parking lots, it's easily concealed/palmed with no notice, but instantly available as the first line of defense at bad breath should someone suddenly appear/pop up from behind a parked car with ill intent. Tactic will be to fire one round at near or at point blank to the face, drop it and draw the belt gun.

Forethought goes a long way, think outside the box.

·
Registered
15,046 Posts
.22 mag has been a hog killing round since forever

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Brownie, I’ve considered buying one of those for some time now. Any recommendation on barrel length you prefer?

·
Registered
54,331 Posts
Brownie, I’ve considered buying one of those for some time now. Any recommendation on barrel length you prefer?
Get the PUG 22mag, it's got a big enough grip/rubber to hold onto, but not too much/easily palmed. I went with the big dot tritium model, as I think it's use will likely be during the night time hours.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Got it thanks. I was wondering if sights are even necessary for what it is designed for? Bad breath distance for a face shot as you say. I saw the two different options. I also saw Hickok45 do a review on these a long time back and his struggles with the grip with his meat cleaver hands.

·
Super Moderator
26,621 Posts
Sights? :grin

·
Registered
54,331 Posts
Got it thanks. I was wondering if sights are even necessary for what it is designed for? Bad breath distance for a face shot as you say. I saw the two different options. I also saw Hickok45 do a review on these a long time back and his struggles with the grip with his meat cleaver hands.
In total darkness, that big glow up front points the way for a Quick Kill pistol shot if it's just beyond bad breath in the low light/darkness. Only reason I have it on mine, one day it may be used instinctively. :thumsup

- - - Updated - - -

Sights? :grin
Sight, singular, as the reference point :grin

- - - Updated - - -

His response is for the unenlightened that may read this thread some day... :grin
exactly :grin

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Thanks gentlemen. :thumsup

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I'll regularly carry my NAA 22mag PUG in my pocket. When exiting stores into parking lots, it's easily concealed/palmed with no notice, but instantly available as the first line of defense at bad breath should someone suddenly appear/pop up from behind a parked car with ill intent. Tactic will be to fire one round at near or at point blank to the face, drop it and draw the belt gun.

Forethought goes a long way, think outside the box.
With that plan, why not carry a .22 mag derringer?

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Cute little setup. Does anyone have the additional cylinder for 22 LR that can be swapped out for practice or even for CCI snake shot? The smallest pistol I have it the Kahr P380 with a quality, fitted leather pocket holster.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Cute little setup. Does anyone have the additional cylinder for 22 LR that can be swapped out for practice or even for CCI snake shot? The smallest pistol I have it the Kahr P380 with a quality, fitted leather pocket holster.
.38 spl goes right into a .357 mag

Wouldn't a .22 lr go right into a .22 mag :dunno

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
.38 spl goes right into a .357 mag

Wouldn't a .22 lr go right into a .22 mag :dunno
Not 100% sure about this, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that the cases for .22 magnum are thicker than .22LR cases. So, the LR round would fit in the cylinder but would 'rattle' a bit and the case would not be supported so it may swell and rupture. Again, just something I think I recall from somewhere. Might want to confirm I am not mistaken.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts