Florida Concealed Carry banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,377 Posts
Interesting that they can't get even close to the needed signatures. Sadly, I would have predicted it to be an easy task. Guess not!
Perhaps enough Floridians are waking up. When Mrs. BeerHunter, was asked by a left-leaning close friend of her sister (all of her family are life-long Democrats except for her and so are their friends) to sign the "BAWN" petition, Mrs. BeerHunter, who doesn't care to use firearms herself but appreciates that I do and why, asked the liberal friend why would she sign such a petition to take away a class of firearms from law abiding citizens and would do nothing to keep them out of the hands of criminals! The petitioner was aghast!

·
Registered
10,789 Posts
Mrs. BeerHunter, who doesn't care to use firearms herself but appreciates that I do and why, asked the liberal friend why would she sign such a petition to take away a class of firearms from law abiding citizens and would do nothing to keep them out of the hands of criminals! The petitioner was aghast!
Mrs. BeerHunter is one cool chickadee! I know, 'cuz I've met her! :grin

Aghast! Aghast, I tell you! Aghast!

I just wanted to use that word, too. So, I used it three times.

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
Mrs. BeerHunter is one cool chickadee! I know, 'cuz I've met her! :grin

Aghast! Aghast, I tell you! Aghast!
"Avast" from using that word "Aghast," OK??? :grin

Seriously, I hope they're not waiting until late January to drop a whole bunch of signatures that would put them over. That was tried once in the PRNJ for a couple of local elections where the dem opposition would wait until the last two days of collection (to keep our side "complacent") and then drop them right at the deadline so we couldn't do much about it.

I'll stay hopeful until the deadline, but, thereafter... I say we all get Punxatawney Phill hammered! :grin

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
"Avast" from using that word "Aghast," OK??? :grin

Seriously, I hope they're not waiting until late January to drop a whole bunch of signatures that would put them over. That was tried once in the PRNJ for a couple of local elections where the dem opposition would wait until the last two days of collection (to keep our side "complacent") and then drop them right at the deadline so we couldn't do much about it.
Perhaps the Florida Legislature anticipated such games. Florida Statutes 100.371(7)(a)(1) provides a $50 fine for EACH petition form submitted for verification more than 30 days later than the date it was signed, or $250 per form if the sponsor acted willfully.

That would add up to A LOT of money really fast. I don't think we have to worry about that.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
"Avast" from using that word "Aghast," OK???
Aye, matey!
When September 19th (International Talk Like a Pirate Day) rolls around you both need to remember your "5 A's" so you can do it up right:

1. Aaaargh! (the most important A of the 5 A's)
  2. Avast
  3. Ahoy
  4. Aye
  5. Aye aye (means something different than "aye")
In the past Krispy Kreme gave out free donuts if you came to one of their stores and talked like a pirate, a whole dozen if you dress like a pirate. But alas I think 2016 was the last year they did this.

·
Registered
10,789 Posts
In the past Krispy Kreme gave out free donuts if you came to one of their stores and talked like a pirate, a whole dozen if you dress like a pirate. But alas I think 2016 was the last year they did this.
Aye, shiver me timbers! They really did that?

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Aye, shiver me timbers! They really did that?
Yep. And you didn't have to do much to get the free donut. My wife and I went in and just said something like "ahoy, we'd like to be gettin' one of those free donuts" and we both got a free donut. We didn't dress in pirate regalia and go for the free dozen.

·
Registered
10,789 Posts
Yep. And you didn't have to do much to get the free donut. My WENCH and I went in and just said something like "ahoy, we'd like to be gettin' one of those free donuts" and we both got a free donut. We didn't dress in pirate regalia and go for the free dozen.
Fixed that for ya! :grin

·
Super Moderator
26,377 Posts

·
Registered
10,789 Posts
I don't think I should call me Mrs. "BeerWench!" :rofl
I dunno... I kinda like the term, "BeerWench!" Has a nice ring to it. Or is that the ringing in my ears after having them boxed by the Mrs.???

·
Super Moderator
26,377 Posts
I dunno... I kinda like the term, "BeerWench!" Has a nice ring to it. Or is that the ringing in my ears after having them boxed by the Mrs.???
Nah, she's not the type to box one's ears, but she definitely would let you know she disapproved! :grin

·
Super Moderator
26,377 Posts

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
I have updated the OP for the numbers through February 1 - the deadline - so stick a fork in it because this thing is done. Here is the new text I added:

As of 2020-02-01:
Gathered 147,042 (up 16,810 - the best month they've had since I started tracking) of 766,200 required for ballot placement (requirement not met, 619,158 still needed)
Distribution threshold met in 0 of 14 districts required for ballot placement (requirement not met, 14 still needed)

Days remaining to signature deadline (2/1/2020): 0

This is dead. Finally. They might try again in 2 years but it is a lot harder to get citizen initiatives on the ballot now. If they couldn't get this on the ballot now I wouldn't think they'd have any more luck in 2 years when Parkland is an even more distant memory - unless they get lucky and there is another tragedy for them to attempt to capitalize upon.

·
Registered
10,789 Posts
If they couldn't get this on the ballot now I wouldn't think they'd have any more luck in 2 years when Parkland is an even more distant memory - unless they get lucky and there is another tragedy for them to attempt to capitalize upon.
Sadly, that's exactly how they see those incidents... as a stroke of good luck.

·
Super Moderator
26,377 Posts
Sadly, that's exactly how they see those incidents... as a stroke of good luck.
Quite right, and it's disgusting! :puke

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
What's messed up is that the state constitution is the way it is. It seems anytime someone has a brain dropping they propose a constitutional amendment.

I'm glad this thing is done for now. It was trash. The people who supported it are human garbage.

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Finally!

Thabks for keeping this up Brian.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts