Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a delivery/takeout restaurant and I carry my 4th gen Glock 23 in my vehicle 24/7. I would like to know if I can carry out of waist band but still under my shirt in my business and on the property of my business. With the way the world is turning, fast response would be very helpful. Thank you.
-Paul.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I own a delivery/takeout restaurant and I carry my 4th gen Glock 23 in my vehicle 24/7. I would like to know if I can carry out of waist band but still under my shirt in my business and on the property of my business. With the way the world is turning, fast response would be very helpful. Thank you.
-Paul.
Printing isn't against the law. You can carry it in an OWB holster as long as it is covered and you have a conceal carry permit

·
Registered
15,178 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
15,243 Posts
Concealed carry license requires one to be 21 years old. I don't know about open carrying requirements in your own business...

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
Printing isn't against the law. You can carry it in an OWB holster as long as it is covered and you have a conceal carry permit
If he's 20, I doubt he has a CWFL.

Home is ok; business, I don't know.

And based on Pig's response, I'm thinking an intro post wasn't made. Might wanna do that if more responses are desired.

-on Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Oh, I thought he meant he had owned it for 20 years. Misread on my part.

·
Banned
8,392 Posts
#taser

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
If he's 20, I doubt he has a CWFL.

Home is ok; business, I don't know.

And based on Pig's response, I'm thinking an intro post wasn't made. Might wanna do that if more responses are desired.

-on Tapatalk
My son got one at 18 years old. He had his own house, had to travel to and from work late at night, and the sheriff approved it for him. It shocked me actually. But maybe that's just Alabama and a case by case basis

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
My son got one at 18 years old. He had his own house, had to travel to and from work late at night, and the sheriff approved it for him. It shocked me actually. But maybe that's just Alabama and a case by case basis
I'm not aware of any such exceptions in Florida law (but I'm no lawyer, so I could totally be wrong).

·
Registered
7,811 Posts
-Paul.
I'm not an attorney, you are not my client, and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

With that out of the way, as a 20 year old person who is presumed to: a) not have a CWFL, b) be lawfully entitled to own firearms (not a felon or other disqualifier), c) be engaged in a lawful business (you don't sell crack out of your restaurant), you can carry a firearm concealed or openly at your place of business. Note that your place of business does not include your car while you are making deliveries. While in your car the firearm has to be securely encased. The glove box would be fine.

Regarding carrying on the "property of your business" if you are outside of the building itself it would depend upon if where you are at belongs exclusively to your business or if it is some sort of "common area" shared by other businesses (say the parking lot if you were in a strip center). If your business owns the building and the land then you should be good while you're on your employer's property. If it's a common area shared by other business tennants then you can't carry there (until you turn 21, get a CWFL, and carry concealed).

This is not legal advice. Welcome to the forum. :)

·
Registered
7,811 Posts
I'm not aware of any such exceptions in Florida law (but I'm no lawyer, so I could totally be wrong).
In Florida an 18 year old (or anybody under 21 years of age) can only get a CWFL if they are active duty military (or a veteran discharged under honorable conditions).

Just to be clear, that's only replying to the notion of 18 year olds getting a CWFL - as noted previously the OP doesn't need a CWFL to carry openly or concealed at his place of business.

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
He can be 18 and still carry on him at his place of business and his private property open or concealed.

·
Registered
7,811 Posts
He can be 18 and still carry on him at his place of business and his private property open or concealed.
Right, I said the same. I was replying to the reply to the person who said their son got a CCW at age 18 in Alabama. I'll go edit my post to add in the quote-before-the-quote to improve clarity.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
image.jpg

Took this screen shot earlier. You don't have to be military to get a conceal carry permit in Alabama. But as BrainB stated, it appears in Florida that you do. Sorry for bringing the Alabama talk into the thread. I wasn't sure about Florida law though

·
Super Moderator
28,340 Posts

·
Registered
7,811 Posts
He's got a year to age before he's eligible!

Welcome to FCC, PaulG23. You'll want to study up on the law: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ml&StatuteYear=2014&Title=->2014->Chapter 790

Also, you might consider consulting an attorney regarding Florida gun and SD laws w.r.t. your business.
All excellent advice. To the OP, if consulting a qualified firearms attorney isn't in the budget then at least buy this book [Florida Firearms Law, Use, and Ownership by Jon H. Gutmacher - presently in the 8th Edition] and read it cover to cover (and post here if you hit something that confuses you).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts