You stole it! Nice pistol for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd say so! Shoot it like you did, brownie! 馃ぃ

Reactions: brownie

Super Moderator
^^^^
馃ぃ

Registered
Just had a 72 made Belgian Browning P-35 come into the shop. I've bought and sold so many of these over the years it's finally time to actually keep one that's all original, made when Browning made superb handguns particularly.

It's not collector grade, it's got some wear on the slide, and I did take note of light surface rust under the left grip panel which has been taken care of this morning upon bringing it home. Has the original box, 2 factory 13 rd mags, and 2 aftermarket Mec-Gar mags [ one 13 the other 20 rds ].

Sorta stole it on price, that's why it's here and not at the shop today. 48 year old workhorse. At one time 72 Nato countries carried it as a national defense sidearm. Glad to have this real Browning [ unlike the later models not made in Belgium ] tucked neatly into the safe.
Nice score! I鈥檝e wanted one since I was a kid, but have not purchased because I have guns I wanted, I bought, and now do not shoot enough to have justified the purchase.

Registered
Have you not invested in the 401 gun investment program, I have a J-frame air weight model 36 that has gone up over a 100$ since I bought it. That is how I look at it, I'm heavily invested in old S&W's and you get to shoot them any time.

Registered
This month鈥檚 American Rifleman has a short article on the Hi Power which includes a very nice exploded diagram of the pistol showing how all the bits and pieces fit together.

Super Moderator

Registered
Discussion Starter #31
Just picked up 3 Mec-Gar 15 rd flush mags, and two recoil springs in 17 and 18.5# ratings. I'll replace the spring in the gun when they get here before firing it. The locking lugs aren't even remotely rounded over and it's my impression from that the gun has less than 2K rounds through it. It's 48 years old, so it's a no brainer to replace the recoil spring before starting to roll with this one.

With the addition of the Mec-gars, that makes 2 original 13 rders, 4 15 rders, and a 20 rder. That should suffice for the time being. This is my 4th or 5th P35 and I may take the mag disconnect out of this one, the trigger is a little heavier than it needs to be, and another indication the gun doesn't have a lot of rds through it.

Registered
Just picked up 3 Mec-Gar 15 rd flush mags, and two recoil springs in 17 and 18.5# ratings. I'll replace the spring in the gun when they get here before firing it. The locking lugs aren't even remotely rounded over and it's my impression from that the gun has less than 2K rounds through it. It's 48 years old, so it's a no brainer to replace the recoil spring before starting to roll with this one.

With the addition of the Mec-gars, that makes 2 original 13 rders, 4 15 rders, and a 20 rder. That should suffice for the time being. This is my 4th or 5th P35 and I may take the mag disconnect out of this one, the trigger is a little heavier than it needs to be, and another indication the gun doesn't have a lot of rds through it.
Really?

I thought you were 鈥渏ust an end user.鈥 :ROFLMAO:

Registered
Discussion Starter #33
Really?

I thought you were 鈥渏ust an end user.鈥 :ROFLMAO:
I am, but as an end user, one has to know how to field strip it for cleaning. If one can do that, they can change a simple spring out. BTW, can you take the mag disconnect out for me :oops:

Registered
I am, but as an end user, one has to know how to field strip it for cleaning. If one can do that, they can change a simple spring out. BTW, can you take the mag disconnect out for me :oops:
I took mine out.... that trigger pin is a pita! Destroyed the original one and had to order a replacement. The difference is worth it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
That鈥檚 what I was referring to!

I鈥檝e never shot a P-35, much less had one apart. That said; I鈥檓 sure you could find a video on removing the mag safety on Utube.

Registered

Registered
Nice score! I've got a 1981 vintage FN High Power. I traded a stripped AR receiver in 1994. I did an even trade for a stripped, cast DPMS AR receiver, that I paid under $100 for, for the FN.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts