The U.S Army adopted this in 1911 . [ 2 ] years later , so did the U.S. Navy & the U.S. Marine CorpNice pick up! Lost out on a SS S&W 1911 "E" series back in 2013 that caught my eye at my LGS because of the fish-scale slide serrations. Wasn't sure about the external ejector but it was a beautiful handgun and regretted not buying it. These Performance Center models are even nicer! Congrats and looking forward to the AAR.
That's why I asked about the "Army pistol" reference. It was only exclusively Army for like less than 2% of the time since JMB submitted his design!The U.S Army adopted this in 1911 . [ 2 ] years later , so did the U.S. Navy & the U.S. Marine Corp
*quoted by Google -original orders by the Government
You know what they say abut the 2 % errs . They did not mention anything about percentages when i regurgitated their data .. Maybe 'prejudiced'In retrospect , as that is where we had a **** load of them . I would guess that the Marine Corps more than likely had the Most issued to their men IMHOThat's why I asked about the "Army pistol" reference. It was only exclusively Army for like less than 2% of the time since JMB submitted his design!
I guess that I'm one of the Unenlightened then ! So be it Roger My team all carried them .. All the officers as well , at least in the Infantry .
The ARMY Only Received 2% of All of the 1911's ??? Who the Hell got the Other 98% then ???? The U.S. Air Force shoots from the Air ..The U.S . Navy from Ships ..That Only leaves [ 2 ] LEFT - ARMY & MARINES PERIOD ..You may be one of the least unenlightened that I know.
First of all the years you mentioned are Wrong @ 110 Years . The Star and Stripes stated it was Actually* [ 80 ] * years .. It is on Google where they post all about the 'History of the Browning 1911.45 ACP' .. Of course it's true as i took it off Verbatim . You don't have to say IF That's True ..You don't trust me ? I guess just Ban me .No, My 2% Comment referred to the time they were exclusively "Army." As you stated, two years after the Army accepted the 1911, the other services started accepting them, too! So if that's true, 2 years divided by 110 years equals ~1.8% 🤠
I rhought that, up until fairly recently, Springfield got their frames and slides (at the least) from Brazil.Due to a Garmin navigation issue, three years ago I met a USAF gate guard and was redirected to the USAF museum at Wright-Patterson AFB (Technically just off the actual base for the lawyers in the crowd.) The pistol in his holster was an M1911.
Who was a highly trained Small Arms Repairman in the 1970s, now I have to find a real gunsmith to put sights on a M1911 from Springfield Armory, early high blue model out of the Philippines. Previous attempts were unsatisfactory...highly unsatisfactory.