Florida Concealed Carry banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Caleb

it’s your fault I bought it in the first place.
You can’t quote me from a different thread and point the finger at me.

I resemble that remark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Reactions: Earl 007

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Nice pick up! Lost out on a SS S&W 1911 "E" series back in 2013 that caught my eye at my LGS because of the fish-scale slide serrations. Wasn't sure about the external ejector but it was a beautiful handgun and regretted not buying it. These Performance Center models are even nicer! Congrats and looking forward to the AAR.

"Army pistol?" :unsure:
The U.S Army adopted this in 1911 . [ 2 ] years later , so did the U.S. Navy & the U.S. Marine Corp ;)(y)
*quoted by Google -original orders by the Government

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Just own it, I’m very suggestible.
I need a case of 22LR.
Is that suggestible enough, or do I need to work on my delivery some? :)

Nice-looking sidearm there, Shark.
And that should really mean something coming from a Glock fan boy!

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
Anduril, it does mean something, thanks. Work on your delivery a little bit, you’re very close.

i’ve just always liked these pistols. I carried of them, of course, in the Army. My first civilian one was one I traded a mean Doberman Pinscer to a gun shop for.

·
Super Moderator
29,889 Posts
The U.S Army adopted this in 1911 . [ 2 ] years later , so did the U.S. Navy & the U.S. Marine Corp ;)(y)
*quoted by Google -original orders by the Government
That's why I asked about the "Army pistol" reference. It was only exclusively Army for like less than 2% of the time since JMB submitted his design! :LOL:

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
That's why I asked about the "Army pistol" reference. It was only exclusively Army for like less than 2% of the time since JMB submitted his design! :LOL:
You know what they say abut the 2 % errs . They did not mention anything about percentages when i regurgitated their data .. Maybe 'prejudiced'In retrospect , as that is where we had a **** load of them . I would guess that the Marine Corps more than likely had the Most issued to their men IMHO :cool:(y)

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
BH

Was kidding about Army Pistol, that’s what the unenlightened call them.
I guess that I'm one of the Unenlightened then ! So be it Roger ;)(y) My team all carried them .. All the officers as well , at least in the Infantry .

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
I guess that I'm one of the Unenlightened then ! So be it Roger ;)(y) My team all carried them .. All the officers as well , at least in the Infantry .
You may be one of the least unenlightened that I know.
The ARMY Only Received 2% of All of the 1911's ??? Who the Hell got the Other 98% then ???? The U.S. Air Force shoots from the Air ..The U.S . Navy from Ships ..That Only leaves [ 2 ] LEFT - ARMY & MARINES PERIOD ..

YES THE GRUNTS , UNLESS The Air Force And Navy Shot The .45 Acps From A Distance Of Several Miles .. [ LMAO ] This Is About As Laughable as Brass Being Melted Back Down to Make Recycled Brass . Wow , Now That's Being 'UNINFORMED'. :LOL::ROFLMAO::D

·
Super Moderator
29,889 Posts
No, my 2% comment referred to the time they were exclusively "Army." As you stated, two years after the Army accepted the 1911, the other services started accepting them, too! So if that's true, 2 years divided by 110 years equals ~1.8% 🤠

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
No, My 2% Comment referred to the time they were exclusively "Army." As you stated, two years after the Army accepted the 1911, the other services started accepting them, too! So if that's true, 2 years divided by 110 years equals ~1.8% 🤠
First of all the years you mentioned are Wrong @ 110 Years . The Star and Stripes stated it was Actually* [ 80 ] * years .. It is on Google where they post all about the 'History of the Browning 1911.45 ACP' .. Of course it's true as i took it off Verbatim . You don't have to say IF That's True ..You don't trust me ? I guess just Ban me .

If you wanted to be anal , and extremely picky about the Army Exclusively having 'first claim' , Thats fine .
However in the Following [ 80 ] years see below .

The Important thing is the U.S. Marine Corp & the U.S. Army Have the 'Majority' T.O.E. for 1911's , Due to their Individual Respective Needs. This of course being the two Combat Ground Forces that would Meet that Criteria. No other's had a Greater need for any .45 Acp's .

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
I had a mini competition with all of my 1911's before the boating accident. The "E class" shot second to a" Competition Colt" and it was very close almost a tie an1 /8th of an inch at 30 feet a 5 shot group. I will try to see how the Les Baer does against that colt.From my first range trip The Les Baer will win.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Due to a Garmin navigation issue, three years ago I met a USAF gate guard and was redirected to the USAF museum at Wright-Patterson AFB (Technically just off the actual base for the lawyers in the crowd.) The pistol in his holster was an M1911.
Geoff
Who was a highly trained Small Arms Repairman in the 1970s, now I have to find a real gunsmith to put sights on a M1911 from Springfield Armory, early high blue model out of the Philippines. Previous attempts were unsatisfactory...highly unsatisfactory.

·
Registered
8,820 Posts
Due to a Garmin navigation issue, three years ago I met a USAF gate guard and was redirected to the USAF museum at Wright-Patterson AFB (Technically just off the actual base for the lawyers in the crowd.) The pistol in his holster was an M1911.
Geoff
Who was a highly trained Small Arms Repairman in the 1970s, now I have to find a real gunsmith to put sights on a M1911 from Springfield Armory, early high blue model out of the Philippines. Previous attempts were unsatisfactory...highly unsatisfactory.
I rhought that, up until fairly recently, Springfield got their frames and slides (at the least) from Brazil.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts