Registered
5,421 Posts
Nice pick up!

Range report mandatory

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

·
Super Moderator
29,889 Posts

Found one of these finally and it’s headed my way. I’ve been wanting to try one of them there Army pistols.
Nice pick up! Lost out on a SS S&W 1911 "E" series back in 2013 that caught my eye at my LGS because of the fish-scale slide serrations. Wasn't sure about the external ejector but it was a beautiful handgun and regretted not buying it. These Performance Center models are even nicer! Congrats and looking forward to the AAR.

"Army pistol?" :unsure:

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Nice one! Most hate the scales but as a M&P fan, I have always liked the look and feel. I bet that’s going to be a hell of a shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
Good luck with that sir. Very nice. (y)

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I’m going to have a little blue LEDs inlaid into the slide cuts and a little speaker that says “ you have the right to become silent”

I’ve regretted not buying every 1911 I have ever looked at and not purchased, both of them.

·
Registered
8,820 Posts
Eleven years ago, I had an early S&W scandium framed Gunsite Model, serial number was 0087.
It was a good pistol, and I’d probably still have it if I hadn’t traded it off for my first Wilson Combat 1911.

Congrats on yours!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Them’s purdy! So, is it me …… that first one with the slide relief, looks like a commander size & the description says full size. Which is it?

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
I bought the "E class" with the fish scales and Rosewoog grips. Shoot Strait had it for $1250 so I checked Buds and it was 729$ with no tax.
DSCN1286.JPG

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice! I love the grips, I just think they look cool. With the performance center model having the lightening cuts in the slide I would think if you ever had to shoot someone in self-defense, their last words might be “man, that was really a cool looking pistol”

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
The grips are not laminated solid one peice of rose wood. My problem will be if I shot someone with it I'd be crying why didn't I carry the glock today !

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Then you would look appropriately remorseful that you had to shoot someone to defend your life.

·
Registered
686 Posts
The grips are not laminated solid one peice of rose wood. My problem will be if I shot someone with it I'd be crying why didn't I carry the glock today !
Yes, they take your gun as evidence in any shooting, I lost my glock 27 for 3 months, but they did give it back.. (y)

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The performance center pistol came in, I’ll post a few pictures in a moment from my phone. As pictures indicate it is a 2013 new old stock model. It was dry as a bone. It was so dry it was difficult to “snick” the thumb safety. The trigger pull was flawless and I will check in with my gauge later but my best guess is it is just a little less than 4 pounds with no creep or over travel.

For those not really into 1911’s, a couple of pictures show the bushing. It is a Briley spherical bushing which is a really tightly fitted bushing with a titanium nitride piece inside the bushing that has .001 clearance to the barrel. It provides great lubricity and a really tight fit for accuracy.

·
Registered
8,820 Posts
The performance center pistol came in, I’ll post a few pictures in a moment from my phone. As pictures indicate it is a 2013 new old stock model. It was dry as a bone. It was so dry it was difficult to “snick” the thumb safety. The trigger pull was flawless and I will check in with my gauge later but my best guess is it is just a little less than 4 pounds with no creep or over travel.

For those not really into 1911’s, a couple of pictures show the bushing. It is a Briley spherical bushing which is a really tightly fitted bushing with a titanium nitride piece inside the bushing that has .001 clearance to the barrel. It provides great lubricity and a really tight fit for accuracy.
They need to have a little over travel for when they heat up and get dirty.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
She’s a purdy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 52 Posts