Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This article will break down a wide variety of statistics by topic, in the hopes that we can clarify some persistent errors in our thinking. The first area we are going to cover is the likelihood an armed person will even be in a gunfight.

"Statistics from the Holster"
7. The average time for a police officer to mentally justify using their weapons was .21 sec for a simple scenario, .87sec for a complex one. (source)

8. The average time it takes for someone to draw from a level 1, friction retention holster, is 1.71 sec

9. World Class shooters can draw and fire from a level 1 holster in .76 sec in this case Jerry Miculek

·
Registered
54,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In the editor, I'm running .94 on the fastest draw and 1.01 seconds on the slower draws. Anyone else timed their concealed draw stroke to first hit? The article apparently talks to open carried draw time/s.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Brownie

Nice article, thanks for posting.

The not so hidden message in the article is that we all need to brush up on situational awareness and paying critical attention to our surroundings. I think it also points out the importance of immediately moving and looking for cover.

I’ve done a lot of accident reconstruction and a general number we would use for an alert driver in the perception/reaction time was 1.5 seconds. That’s from the time they see something occurring to the time the foot touches the brake. Older drivers obviously have a slower time.

I think the article points out vividly that folks should train with someone like yourself to improve those skills or maintain the skills that really matter. Shaving a little bit of time off one area or being a little more perceptive in your environment may save your life.

·
Registered
13,431 Posts
In the editor, I'm running .94 on the fastest draw and 1.01 seconds on the slower draws. Anyone else timed their concealed draw stroke to first hit? The article apparently talks to open carried draw time/s.

.86 with plenty of witnesses and videos.
Back in my 20’s I was at .65

·
Registered
13,431 Posts
The most significant gun fight stat. is summed up by Bill Jordan in the title of his book “no second place winner“
A must own book

Reactions: brownie

·
Super Moderator
27,083 Posts
The most significant gun fight stat. is summed up by Bill Jordan in the title of his book “no second place winner“
Great book and valued part of my personal library. (y)

Reactions: brownie
1 - 8 of 8 Posts