Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if these will work (fit), or cycle in an IWI TS-12 semi-auto shotgun?
Concerned about the size, but have not tried them yet.

70mm "Tornado Slug" 2-1/2" shell

Lambro #00 Buck (marked 2-3/4" but actually measures only 2-1/4") ??

Possibly showing my ignorance?
Is the nominal shell length supposed to include the unfolded flaps that keep the pellets (slug), wad and gunpowder inside?

Ultimately, I guess I'll need to hit the gun range to verify these will shoot / cycle.
Just wondering out loud here...

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
30,664 Posts
Anyone know if these will work (fit), or cycle in an IWI TS-12 semi-auto shotgun?
Concerned about the size, but have not tried them yet.

70mm "Tornado Slug" 2-1/2" shell

Lambro #00 Buck (marked 2-3/4" but actually measures only 2-1/4") ??

Possibly showing my ignorance?
Is the nominal shell length supposed to include the unfolded flaps that keep the pellets (slug), wad and gunpowder inside?

Ultimately, I guess I'll need to hit the gun range to verify these will shoot / cycle.
Just wondering out loud here...

Thanks
Yes, the stated chamber length of shotgun shells includes the full length of the shell after it's been fired.

·
Premium Member
7,488 Posts
Post #3....I learned something about a firearm. (y) (y) (y)

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
It’s difficult to find tried and true ammo these days. You might just have to buy what’s available and run it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It’s difficult to find tried and true ammo these days. You might just have to buy what’s available and run it.

I know, and since the TS-12 is a semi-auto shotgun, we have the additional concern of cycling, in addition to "fit and chambering" issues.
There's a YouTube video on the TS-12 where some brands of ammo fail to eject properly.
The guy runs several boxes (all different types and brands) and a couple of them just won't work.
That is, until later on in the video, and then they work fine. (Reason not known).
Maybe a break-in period for the gun, or after he lightly lubricated the magazines?...

I just don't want to get to Bob's class and start having ammo issues.
Wishing now I had kept that Shockwave I gave to my brother. :)

I might hit the range today (Boca?) to put "first shells" through the TS-12.
I got several boxes of slugs recently, so I can visit an indoor range. Weather is crappy today, last I looked.
Could do West Palm, if anyone wants to meet up. Nothing set in stone - schedule wise today (or even tomorrow.)

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
I know, and since the TS-12 is a semi-auto shotgun, we have the additional concern of cycling, in addition to "fit and chambering" issues.
There's a YouTube video on the TS-12 where some brands of ammo fail to eject properly.
The guy runs several boxes (all different types and brands) and a couple of them just won't work.
That is, until later on in the video, and then they work fine. (Reason not known).
Maybe a break-in period for the gun, or after he lightly lubricated the magazines?...

I just don't want to get to Bob's class and start having ammo issues.
Wishing now I had kept that Shockwave I gave to my brother. :)

I might hit the range today (Boca?) to put "first shells" through the TS-12.
I got several boxes of slugs recently, so I can visit an indoor range. Weather is crappy today, last I looked.
Could do West Palm, if anyone wants to meet up. Nothing set in stone - schedule wise today (or even tomorrow.)
Have too many errands to do today so, I’m out of a range trip.

I’ll try and snag up an extra pump shotgun in case someone’s fails OT has too much trouble.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts