Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Well I watched the second video first where the girlfriend described a completely false narrative. So, when I saw the first video, the officer's bodycam, it didn't track at all with the girlfriend's narrative (what a surprise).

For one, there was not "one shot" then a long pause, then a bunch more shots... all shots were fired in a single set.
Second, the guy was not 70 feet from the officer when the officer fired but only the width of a railroad track stone bed... maybe 18-20ft.
Third, the girlfriend failed to mention all the verbal warnings to "drop the knife," and didn't mention the cop backing up to try and keep some distance.

That guy got as far as he needed to go and it was very clear nothing short of flying lead was going to convince him to stop. He asked for flying lead, he got flying lead, it stopped him. End of story.

·
Registered
10,942 Posts
Well I watched the second video first where the girlfriend described a completely false narrative. So, when I saw the first video, the officer's bodycam, it didn't track at all with the girlfriend's narrative (what a surprise).

For one, there was not "one shot" then a long pause, then a bunch more shots... all shots were fired in a single set.
Second, the guy was not 70 feet from the officer when the officer fired but only the width of a railroad track stone bed... maybe 18-20ft.
Third, the girlfriend failed to mention all the verbal warnings to "drop the knife," and didn't mention the cop backing up to try and keep some distance.

That guy got as far as he needed to go and it was very clear nothing short of flying lead was going to convince him to stop. He asked for flying lead, he got flying lead, it stopped him. End of story.
Agreed; I hope they charge the fiance with making a false statement to the police.

·
Registered
9,874 Posts
That was a girl? They do things different in Utah

-on Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
page not found error on second link but it certainly looked like a proper response by the officer.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts

Agreed; I hope they charge the fiance with making a false statement to the police.
I didn’t see her statement of the events but just to play devils advocate, she may have recalled a totally different series of event then the body camera recorded. If that’s her man who was just killed her mind may have seen it differently. Just saying.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
I didn’t see her statement of the events but just to play devils advocate, she may have recalled a totally different series of event then the body camera recorded. If that’s her man who was just killed her mind may have seen it differently. Just saying.
Yeah, I'm sure she would see it slightly different, but not as sharply different as the version she gave.

For instance, she said the cop was up at the top of the hill by the tracks, and her boyfriend was at the bottom of the hill, separated from the cop by about 70 feet AND a treeline AND a ditch AND a steep incline. Her point was that the boyfriend was not a threat to the cop when he began shooting.

In the cop's bodycam video, we see something totally different. The cop begins talking to the guy from the tracks, but slowly works his way down to where he's at one edge of the ditch, all the while talking to the guy (whom he recognized from a court appearance that morning). He was asking him to put the knives (one in each hand) down and trying to talk to the guy. Eventually, the guy begins to run at the cop and the cop retreats uphill back to and across the first set of tracks, all the while warning the guy to drop the knife, etc. The guy makes it all the way across the ditch and up the hill to the edge of the railroad stone bed and at that point - now about 18-20ft from the cop, the cop fires several rounds one-after-another (6 shots I think)and the guy goes down.

So there was no long distance shot, there was no single shot that dropped him followed by several shots when he was already down.

She might not like it, but that guy had every opportunity to stop and think it over, but he chose to charge an armed cop instead, knowing he was going to get himself shot. So while her observations may have been different, they should not have been so different they actually constitute a totally different story that never happened.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
Yeah, I'm sure she would see it slightly different, but not as sharply different as the version she gave.

For instance, she said the cop was up at the top of the hill by the tracks, and her boyfriend was at the bottom of the hill, separated from the cop by about 70 feet AND a treeline AND a ditch AND a steep incline. Her point was that the boyfriend was not a threat to the cop when he began shooting.

In the cop's bodycam video, we see something totally different. The cop begins talking to the guy from the tracks, but slowly works his way down to where he's at one edge of the ditch, all the while talking to the guy (whom he recognized from a court appearance that morning). He was asking him to put the knives (one in each hand) down and trying to talk to the guy. Eventually, the guy begins to run at the cop and the cop retreats uphill back to and across the first set of tracks, all the while warning the guy to drop the knife, etc. The guy makes it all the way across the ditch and up the hill to the edge of the railroad stone bed and at that point - now about 18-20ft from the cop, the cop fires several rounds one-after-another (6 shots I think)and the guy goes down.

So there was no long distance shot, there was no single shot that dropped him followed by several shots when he was already down.

She might not like it, but that guy had every opportunity to stop and think it over, but he chose to charge an armed cop instead, knowing he was going to get himself shot. So while her observations may have been different, they should not have been so different they actually constitute a totally different story that never happened.
And that pretty much settles that.

Reality usually trumps BS...:grin

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
What's with them "redacting" the gunshot sounds in the Liveleak video? It sounded like someone pumping a "pump spray" bottle or something. In any event, looks like a righteous shoot. BG was advancing on the LEO.

·
Registered
9,874 Posts
What's with them "redacting" the gunshot sounds in the Liveleak video? It sounded like someone pumping a "pump spray" bottle or something. In any event, looks like a righteous shoot. BG was advancing on the LEO.
I wondered if their cams had reduction built in like the electronic ear muffs.

-on Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts