Florida Concealed Carry banner

Form 4 Barcode System Approved By ATF!

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  BeerHunter 
#1 ·
We’ve been working closely with the ATF to take all the information contained on a Form 4 and embedded it into a barcode on the first page. This ground-breaking setup allows ATF staff to simply scan this barcode, which instantly populates the appropriate fields of the ATF database. By utilizing our barcoded forms, the ATF data entry personnel will no longer need to manually type tedious information into their system. A quick scan turns what would’ve taken several minutes into mere seconds, and then they’re on to the next form. This new approved system will benefit both the consumer and dealer by:

Increasing ATF Speed
•In testing the new barcoding system we’ve already submitted over 3,000 Form 4’s to the ATF, and the ATF time to process these forms has improved tenfold.

Increasing Efficiency
•Silencer Shop error rate for submitting post-41F Form 4’s with the ATF was close to zero before and now with the new approved process, it’ll be even lower.

The industry-wide error rate is close to 50% for forms submitted post-41F to the ATF, which we’re also working to address with our Form 4 Generator.

Form more information check out the rest of our blog post. https://blog.silencershop.com/f4-barcode-system-approved-by-atf/

See less See more
#2 ·
:dancingbanana

#9 ·
Wait times are expected to be under 90 days by the end of the year.

- - - Updated - - -

So, how does it work?

Does the end buyer fill out the form 4 on your site, or does the dealer/FFL from which they buy the item do so? Can this system be used for items other than what you sell (i.e. you fill it out and it simply prints the form for you), or can it only be used for things purchasable on your site?

Thanks. :thumsup
The dealer fills out the form 4 on our site. It can be used for any NFA item by any dealer in the country for free.

#5 ·
I submitted a Form 4 through one of your kiosks back on the 14th. It has the barcode on it. Once I get a submitted date from the Silencer Shop, I will start tracking.

I've also read that they are doing one day approvals on Form 3s, which should speed things up a bit.

#7 ·
We’ve been working closely with the ATF to take all the information contained on a Form 4 and embedded it into a barcode on the first page.
Form more information check out the rest of our blog post. https://blog.silencershop.com/f4-barcode-system-approved-by-atf/
So, how does it work?

Does the end buyer fill out the form 4 on your site, or does the dealer/FFL from which they buy the item do so? Can this system be used for items other than what you sell (i.e. you fill it out and it simply prints the form for you), or can it only be used for things purchasable on your site?

Thanks. :thumsup

#8 ·
The transferee (buyer) fills out the form, with the assistance of the transferor (the entity that has legal possession of the item) Both parties must sigh the form 4.

I just did one, and I did not buy the can from them. I did it at my local dealer that has a Silencer Shop kiosk and has physical possession of the can on a form 3.

I filled out the form on their kiosk, which also does pictures and prints. Got an email with a copy of the form to electronically sign, then I paid for the tax stamp on their website.

The Silencer Shop sends the form to the ATF along with the payment. When it is approved, the form 4 is sent to the transferor.

The way a form 4 works, there isn't any real benefit to doing it all on the kiosk to then print it off and send it in yourself.

#18 ·
:grin And their off in 3, 2, 1, ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.