Florida Concealed Carry banner

Adjudication withheld, Sealed and Expunged Record

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  High Seas Drifter 
#1 ·
Just wondering is anyone can provide me the answer to this question. Had a felony drug charge many years ago. Adjudiaction was withheld. I had my records sealed, then 10 years later or more had my record expunged. Question 14 "Have you been convicted of a felony as described in Section 790.23, Florida Statutes? More info"...
Any normal time I would answer "no" to this, but for my Carry License what should I answer?
I will provide all my documents when submitting my forms.
Thanks in Advance

#2 ·
My understanding is that if your record has been expunged then legally it never happened and you can answer "no". Unless you are aware of something to the contrary that's what I'd do and if they come back and say "what about..." then respond with the documentation showing it was expunged.

That's the whole purpose of expunging - so that you can legally answer "no" to these types of questions and avoid the complications that result from having to answer "yes".

Not a lawyer - not legal advice.

#3 ·
I had the exact same scenario. I answered NO. My wife and I submitted on the same day. She had her's in hand a full month before myself. Turned out to be a none issue, just took longer to properly vet mine. Thankfully they got it right.

For the curious, I was busted in 1968 in Lake County, FL with a small bag (if memory serves, about an ounce) of marijuana. A felony at the time. Some on here may recall Lake County's notorious Sheriff at the time, one Willis V. McCall. My Dad in his infinite wisdom left me in the custody of Sheriff McCall's jail for seven days before bailing me out. Ain't took nor thought about a toke since!!

#4 ·
Welcome to FCC, bpscotty! :wave

You need you're own introduction thread so the members here can get to know you better! So please go to the Introduce Yourself section of The Front Office and start your very own introduction thread. With your own introduction thread, you'll find the rest of the FCC membership will chime in to properly welcome you to the forum, too! After doing that, ask away and you'll soon find there's lots of great information and help to be had from the members here.

Welcome again to the forum!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.