Florida Concealed Carry banner

Duplicate CWFL's?

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  joecarry 
#1 ·
Silly question, I did a quick search on here and didn't find anything and I don't recall this in the fine print of 790. But it's been a while....

Is it legal to possess duplicate CWFL's. Meaning you have the one you were issued and then you report it lost and get a second one and now have two in your possession?

Pretty sure this is illegal to do with a DL but is it for a CWFL?

Also, if a CWFL is reported lost or destroyed, do they issue you a new one with a new license number or does it stay the same as your original license?

Just one of those things I thought about at 2:30am this morning staring at the ceiling...:dunno

Thanks....

#3 ·
Having two CWFL's isn't illegal - as long as you don't have to commit perjury to get the 2nd one. I don't know if you have to sign anything to get a "replacement" but if you signed something saying that you lost it, when you know full well you didn't, then that'd probably be a no no. But I can certainly see how one might misplace it temporarily, order a duplicate in a panic, and then the original miraculously turns up. :grin

#4 ·
I have two from misplacing my wallet for over a week. I don't remember signing anything stating I lost my original & they certainly didn't say it was illegal to have two. I walked into the AG office, explained I couldn't find my wallet & said I need a replacement as I carry every day. I provided ID ( my new DL that I had gotten ) & they went in back & came out with a copy, I paid a minimal fee & off I went. & yes it's all the same as the original, as it was a copy from their data base.

#6 ·
So you didn't have to supply another passport picture?

Isn't there an office near/in Tampa that you can go in and get your renewal or lost license? Anyone have the address or link to it?

thanks,

#5 · (Edited)
When they stopped printing your address on the license, they offered an opportunity to get your licence re-issued if it had your address on it. For 15 dollars I got one without the address. They didn't ask for the original back. For many years I had two. Never gave it a thought. IIRC there was no visible/obvious indication that the second card was a duplicate or a re-issuance.

(9) In the event that a concealed weapon or firearm license is lost or destroyed, the license shall be automatically invalid, and the person to whom the same was issued may, upon payment of $15 to the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, obtain a duplicate, or substitute thereof, upon furnishing a notarized statement to the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services that such license has been lost or destroyed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.