Florida Concealed Carry banner

Duplicate CWFL's?

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  joecarry 
#1 ·
Silly question, I did a quick search on here and didn't find anything and I don't recall this in the fine print of 790. But it's been a while....

Is it legal to possess duplicate CWFL's. Meaning you have the one you were issued and then you report it lost and get a second one and now have two in your possession?

Pretty sure this is illegal to do with a DL but is it for a CWFL?

Also, if a CWFL is reported lost or destroyed, do they issue you a new one with a new license number or does it stay the same as your original license?

Just one of those things I thought about at 2:30am this morning staring at the ceiling...:dunno

Thanks....

#3 ·
Having two CWFL's isn't illegal - as long as you don't have to commit perjury to get the 2nd one. I don't know if you have to sign anything to get a "replacement" but if you signed something saying that you lost it, when you know full well you didn't, then that'd probably be a no no. But I can certainly see how one might misplace it temporarily, order a duplicate in a panic, and then the original miraculously turns up. :grin

#4 ·
I have two from misplacing my wallet for over a week. I don't remember signing anything stating I lost my original & they certainly didn't say it was illegal to have two. I walked into the AG office, explained I couldn't find my wallet & said I need a replacement as I carry every day. I provided ID ( my new DL that I had gotten ) & they went in back & came out with a copy, I paid a minimal fee & off I went. & yes it's all the same as the original, as it was a copy from their data base.

#6 ·
So you didn't have to supply another passport picture?

Isn't there an office near/in Tampa that you can go in and get your renewal or lost license? Anyone have the address or link to it?

thanks,

#10 ·
#12 ·
Hopefully joecarry and everyone else realize I meant that in good fun (hence the :grin) and I wasn't trying to be an obnoxious ass. Usually when I'm trying to be obnoxious I'm fairly transparent about it.
Yes Brian, I knew you meant that in good fun and that's the way I took it. I did realize I could've Googled it and found my own answers but what fun is that and what would anyone else learn from this if it wasn't posted for all to read? Besides you guys are so much better then Google! And all joking aside, posts provoke discussion and discussion brings out ideas and answers to questions not thought of or asked, which is seriously why I asked here instead of just Googling it myself. I've learned so much from this forum from reading the threads and posts, sometimes asking a mundane question provides more insite from the replys then one ever expected.

And I will say I truely look forward to reading your replys on threads. You have great insite and a depth of knowledge we all can learn from. For that I say thank you for your participation in these theads and sharing your knowledge with all of us.

Thank you all. :thumsup

- - - Updated - - -

Negative, it is a copy of my one I misplaced. Also if you go to an office, you don't supply a picture, they do it right there.
Thank you! :thumsup

#5 · (Edited)
When they stopped printing your address on the license, they offered an opportunity to get your licence re-issued if it had your address on it. For 15 dollars I got one without the address. They didn't ask for the original back. For many years I had two. Never gave it a thought. IIRC there was no visible/obvious indication that the second card was a duplicate or a re-issuance.

(9) In the event that a concealed weapon or firearm license is lost or destroyed, the license shall be automatically invalid, and the person to whom the same was issued may, upon payment of $15 to the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, obtain a duplicate, or substitute thereof, upon furnishing a notarized statement to the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services that such license has been lost or destroyed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.