Florida Concealed Carry banner

CCW in California

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  BeerHunter 
#1 ·
Just joined and trying to be helpful before I am too much of a nuisance on the marketplace. I am just in Florida 2 years and love the laws here. I did have a CCW in California and it was a nightmare. If anyone is heading out there and needs some points on how I did it (not how to get it because it was very tough and will be very individual) let me know and I'll post or PM you.

#2 ·
Nice to offer advice to anyone heading that way. What little I know of the CC laws there, I know enough to know it depends on which locality one applies in. I had the opportunity to work in Kommiefornia but no way in bloody Hell would I subject myself to the politics and taxes there, no matter how beautiful the geography is. :thumbsdwn

#5 ·
Welcome aboard!

I have family all over Cali. From Chico to San Diego. My cousin says it's pretty easy in Butte County. And with preemption, he can carry statewide legally.

-on Tapatalk

#10 ·
Welcome to FCC. I can see where you might miss the San Diego area for climate and scenery - but, due to the politics, I would never subject myself to the business and societal climate ever again.

I had never really thought about all the different areas of California I lived and worked until reading through this thread.
Between 1963 and 1992 (with a whole lot of other locations interspersed) I lived and worked in:
The Siskiyou Mountains in the far Northwest area (actually based in Oregon for that job);
Fort Ord (Carmel/Salinas area);
San Gabriel Mountains (Eastern boundary of the San Fernando Valley);
Camp Roberts/Ft. Hunter Liggett (Paso Robles, San Luis Obispo);
Marin County (worked in San Francisco, lived in San Rafael);
Northern Los Angeles County (high desert Mojave - Lancaster)

A wide range of geographic and diverse beautiful natural variety; and, a similar variety of times and cultural diversity that ultimately ended in an intolerable political and economic climate. I've missed the incredible geography and natural beauty - never regret seeing the horrible, stupid politics in the rear view mirror.

Made a few trips back to see family after we moved to Nevada; but, have no desire to go back there otherwise. Memories will have to suffice.

Florida will grow on you! After 20+ years in the desert Southwest, with little to no humidity, the moisture is welcome. The difference from San Diego - maybe not so much?!

However, . . . . Welcome to a Free State (relatively speaking).

#12 ·
Welcome to FCC, FloridaPhotog! :wave

You need to post you're own Introduction thread to FCC so people know who you are before posting in other threads! So please go to the Introduce Yourself section of The Front Office and start your very own introduction thread. With your own introduction thread, you'll find the rest of the FCC membership will chime in to properly welcome you to the forum. There's also lots of great information and help to be had from the members here.

Again, welcome to the forum! :grin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.