Florida Concealed Carry banner

New Member New Timeline question

4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Junior 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I sent in my application on March 20th 2017.
My Check cleared my bank on March 28th 2017.
Since then my status using my T tracking number is "Processing"
I have since purchased a new handgun and the FFL and "Background Check" with pickup at my local gun shop went through without a hitch.
As I knew it would, I've only had traffic tickets in my life.

However, in looking at most other peoples Timeline from mailing in app, Check cashed and License Approval, mine seems to be taking longer than most.
Does anyone think that I should do a "Live Chat" which is available on the T tracking page or just leave it alone and keep checking everyday?

My new holster is on it's way to me, three times at the range and 600+ rounds through my new gun....
You can say that I am eagerly awaiting my new Carry License.

Thanks,
Mackie244

See less See more
#2 ·
If it's been since late March, I would guess they'll finish their background check in the next few days and it will show issued soon. You can contact them if you like tomorrow or next week to check status. It won't adversely affect issuance, if that's what you're concerned about.

#4 ·
They probably confused you with a differently-spelled Mackey and put you in the "um, no" pile. Just kidding. Waiting for licenses can be tedious. Hope you get it soon.

#7 ·
Not to discourage you, but, I did my application in person at the Orlando office. The worst part of the application process was waiting for the appointment. I had to wait a little over a week. From application time to the time that I had license in hand was 11 days.

Hope yours comes through soon.

#9 · (Edited)
Hi all,
Well after 63 days I check my tracking number and read this...

We have completed our initial review of your application and determined that it is incomplete.
We mailed a letter to you on 05/30/2017 explaining this issue.
So I called but just got prompts and then hung up on me.
So then I opened a "Live Chat" and I was told that I did not answer Question 3a on the application.
Question 3a is: "Are you a retired Florida law enforcement officer, correctional officer, or correctional probation officer as
defined in Section 943.10 (1), (2) or (3), Florida Statutes?"

I colored in the NO dot and faxed pages 1 & 2 to the FDACS. at 850-245-5655.
Now I'll see how long it takes from here.
Because the application was incomplete the 90 day window has been suspended and no longer applies.

I can't believe that it took 63 days for the FDACS to see that question 3a was not answered.
Oh well....

Mackie244

#10 ·
Finally,
After 66 Days I saw this on the FDACS application tracking website.

Your license was issued on 06/02/2017.
Please allow up to 15 business days for your license to be printed and mailed.
If you do not receive your license within that timeframe, please contact us via live chat or call our Public Inquiry Section at (850)245-5691 for additional information.
I have finally entered into the Florida Carry Community.
God help me to use it Safely and Responsibly.

Mackie244

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.