Whitehouse Petition to Repeal the NFA - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whitehouse Petition to Repeal the NFA

Distinguished Member
    9110 more signatures need by 2/17

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    I didn't pay that much for any of mine, but some of mine are worth that much now. I would gladly have my $25K transferable M16A1 reduced in worth to $1000 (or less) if it meant we got our rights back. If there is any arm that the 2nd amendment absolutely should cover it is the M16. It is the quintessential militia arm of our day - yet it is out of reach for most people. That is a travesty that must be corrected.

Done.
    Rick

"Sights are for the unenlightened."

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Thanks Folks,
    Keep them coming.
    Geoff
    Who wouldn't buy one, but is thinking about a rental. ;->
    NRA Life Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Down to 6,335 - doing good. The Hughes Amendment petition ... not as much success.
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, HFS, PPITH, PPOTH) and Chief Range Safety Officer
    Florida Carry Life Member, SAF Life Member, NRA Endowment Life Member
    Front Sight Distinguished Graduate, Defensive Handgun, Glock 35 and Glock 23
    FFL Type 7, Class 2 SOT (Licensed NFA Firearms Manufacturer)
    Need a defensive force "legal plan"? Consider Self Defense Fund (SDF). Feel free to PM me with questions.

Signed both also. Machine gun isn't going so well but I look forward to having suppressors readily available!!!
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." ---George Orwell
    NRA certified pistol & RSO
    NRA Life member

Distinguished Member deadeyedick's Avatar
    It's going to take a lot more than a petition to get the NFA repealed. If (and that's a BIG if) it gets debated in Congress, the opposition will say that we're trying to make machine guns available to the public. And you know what? They won't be lying this time. I think you'd have a better chance of getting open carry passed in Washington D.C than getting the NFA repealed.

I prefer to apply my efforts to achievable goals, not fantasies.
    "It's Fumbles...it was always Fumbles."

Dr. Calvin "Fumbles" Killshot

Quote Originally Posted by deadeyedick View Post
    You know who doesn't want to see the NFA repealed? People who payed $25k for a machine gun. I'm sure they're not too thrilled at the prospect of seeing the value of their collections evaporate overnight.
    After Sandy Hook, a lot of people paid $2,000 for a POS Bushmaster AR-15. Yesterday, the local gun shop was having a sale. I saw an M&P Sport 15 for $579, if I recall correctly.

Oh well! It costs what it costs at the time, and if you want it, you pay the price. If someone buys a gun as an "investment," well.... need I say more?
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

I don't really have a problem with machine guns being a NFA item, but I would like to see the supply chain opend back up and let the free market drop the prices. You could have a M16 for less than $1000.
    NRA Training Counselor - Instructor
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    FWC Hunter Safety Instructor
    NRA Patriot Life Benefactor

"Repeal the NFA" made it, not looking good for "Repeal the Hughes Amendment". Different person started each one - around the same time. "Repeal the NFA" must have been promoted better.
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, HFS, PPITH, PPOTH) and Chief Range Safety Officer
    Florida Carry Life Member, SAF Life Member, NRA Endowment Life Member
    Front Sight Distinguished Graduate, Defensive Handgun, Glock 35 and Glock 23
    FFL Type 7, Class 2 SOT (Licensed NFA Firearms Manufacturer)
    Need a defensive force "legal plan"? Consider Self Defense Fund (SDF). Feel free to PM me with questions.

Distinguished Member TitleIIToyLover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    "Repeal the NFA" made it, not looking good for "Repeal the Hughes Amendment". Different person started each one - around the same time. "Repeal the NFA" must have been promoted better.
    I am being lazy today. Can the Hughes amendment stand without the underlying NFA. Does the amendment even define "machine gun"?
    There are only 3 colors, 10 digits, and 7 notes; it's how we arrange them that is important.

Sposors