Florida Concealed Carry banner

Whitehouse Petition to Repeal the NFA

5K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  pod 
#1 ·
Folks,
If you are so inclined, please go to URL: http://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-nfa
and add your signature (it must be confirmed by replying to an email) It only has 10 days left and is 20,000 signatures short of being counted.

Then write your congresscritters in the House and Senate.

The NFA is a racist, sexist, wealth based abomination from 1934 and should no longer be the law of the land in the US of A!

Geoff
Who is no longer under the Hatch Act.

#6 ·
Done! Both petitions. Me and my wife, so 2 each.
Also sent link to some other like-minded relatives and friends.
Thanks, Geoff, for the link.

#7 ·
You know who doesn't want to see the NFA repealed? People who payed $25k for a machine gun. I'm sure they're not too thrilled at the prospect of seeing the value of their collections evaporate overnight.

#9 ·
I didn't pay that much for any of mine, but some of mine are worth that much now. I would gladly have my $25K transferable M16A1 reduced in worth to $1000 (or less) if it meant we got our rights back. If there is any arm that the 2nd amendment absolutely should cover it is the M16. It is the quintessential militia arm of our day - yet it is out of reach for most people. That is a travesty that must be corrected.

#10 ·
I know a few stamp collectors with MGs. None of them would stomp and cry if the NFA went away and the value of MGs dipped overnight. They'd probably relish the fact they could easily refurbish their existing guns and buy new ones.

All things being equal, I'm sure there's a few people out there who own MGs who want the NFA to stay in place, but they are an exceedingly rare bird.

#14 ·
Down to 6,335 - doing good. The Hughes Amendment petition ... not as much success.

#15 ·
Signed both also. Machine gun isn't going so well but I look forward to having suppressors readily available!!!

#16 ·
It's going to take a lot more than a petition to get the NFA repealed. If (and that's a BIG if) it gets debated in Congress, the opposition will say that we're trying to make machine guns available to the public. And you know what? They won't be lying this time. I think you'd have a better chance of getting open carry passed in Washington D.C than getting the NFA repealed.

I prefer to apply my efforts to achievable goals, not fantasies.

#18 ·
I don't really have a problem with machine guns being a NFA item, but I would like to see the supply chain opend back up and let the free market drop the prices. You could have a M16 for less than $1000.

#19 ·
"Repeal the NFA" made it, not looking good for "Repeal the Hughes Amendment". Different person started each one - around the same time. "Repeal the NFA" must have been promoted better.

#22 ·
I suggest that very few people outside the NFA hobby community even know there is a Hughes Amendment.

I say again, only in Washington DC can an act entitle The Firearms Owners Protection Act of 1986, ban an entire class of firearms.

If you have never seen the midnight video you can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6Mx2UcSEvQ

#24 ·
I don't see the MG thing ever happening. I'd like to see the suppressor stamp go away though and I think that is achievable

#25 ·
I see it the same way!

#26 ·
Barring a societal "reset" where there's no busybodies to rat out folks with unregistered MGs, I have a feeling select-fire weapons will be NFA/SOT items for good.

We have a good chance with suppressors right now to get them off the NFA. After that, SBRs and SBSs shouldn't be an issue.

With regards to full-auto though, I have to say I'm really impressed with the binary triggers coming out these days. 90 percent of the way there without the pesky stamps and registration.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.