Removing a person from a trust.

Thread: Removing a person from a trust.

Removing a person from a trust.

I am starting to get my ducks aligned to get my first NFA item and I pulled out my trust I got from FL Carry through guntrust.com then looked over it. I noticed that I have a friend who is no longer talking to me (his wife does not like me). I would like to take him off as a Co-Trustee.

Now I do have anything that is involved with my death or incapacitation left to my wife and daughter. We added him at the time so if he wanted he could take anything to the range I bought.

I have not used the trust yet. It has not been Notarized yet also. Do I need to contact a lawyer? Or is it just easier to shred this one and start over?
    Disclaimer. I use sarcasm

“Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.”- Unknown

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" Thomas Jefferson

"I stopped worrying about MOA (minute of angle) years ago. Now I just worry about MOD (minute of dead)" courtesy of Riverppig.

COTEP #673

I think you you have to get it modified by the lawyer.

As I recall, he charges $79 to modify a trust.
    To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”

https://www.thethreepercenters.org/

If it was never executed and all you want to do is remove a trustee from the document, I would expect you could just take the document, retype it (or edit it if it is in electronic form), print a new one, and get it notarized.
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, HFS, PPITH, PPOTH) and Chief Range Safety Officer
    Florida Carry Life Member, SAF Life Member, NRA Endowment Life Member
    Front Sight Distinguished Graduate, Defensive Handgun, Glock 35 and Glock 23
    FFL Type 7, Class 2 SOT (Licensed NFA Firearms Manufacturer)
    Need a defensive force "legal plan"? Consider Self Defense Fund (SDF). Feel free to PM me with questions.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member TitleIIToyLover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    If it was never executed and all you want to do is remove a trustee from the document, I would expect you could just take the document, retype it (or edit it if it is in electronic form), print a new one, and get it notarized.
    This ^

But IANAL.

Just curious, is the trust you got through FC in an editable electronic format?
    There are only 3 colors, 10 digits, and 7 notes; it's how we arrange them that is important.

Distinguished Member
    If the fee to amend the trust is $79, pay it and get it done professionally. You want to make sure it is done correctly. $79 is peanuts compared to the potential problems you could have if it isn't done correctly.
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free." A. E. van Vogt

Distinguished Member 7.62Kolectr's Avatar
    Along with TTTL IANAL but from my research when going down that road you as the main executor of the trust can add or delete trustees anytime you wish. No re-notarizatization is required. And as is normal you do not have to file a copy/new copy with the state.
    Whether you just strike his name out with a black line, write in 'no longer a trustee' and intial it or have to have specific legal mumbo jumbo I do not know? I did my trust a few years ago so forgive me. But that's how I remember?
    ¥ The origin of your right to keep and bear arms ¥
    http://constitution.org/lrev/rkba_wayment.htm
    COTEP#782

According to what you wrote you do not currently have a valid Trust. You have a Trurst Draft. As previously stated. Just re type it exactly as it is with any changes in persons you want included. Have notorized, get the copies, the pictures and finger prints and send it off or let dealer handle. Your only concern is that a valid legal trust is sent when the time comes. Right now you have nothing so make whatever changes you want.
    Again... Unless you have people that you want to have access to said NFA items without you being present then consider just going the individual route.

Quote Originally Posted by TitleIIToyLover View Post
    This ^

But IANAL.

Just curious, is the trust you got through FC in an editable electronic format?
    No it is not. I just have the forms I printed out a couple years ago.

Thanks all.

I think what I will do is just white out his name and then copy the piece of paper as if it was never there.
    Disclaimer. I use sarcasm

“Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.”- Unknown

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" Thomas Jefferson

"I stopped worrying about MOA (minute of angle) years ago. Now I just worry about MOD (minute of dead)" courtesy of Riverppig.

COTEP #673

Sposors