Rebel silencer co.

Thread: Rebel silencer co.

Rebel silencer co.

Anyone have any experience with this company? I've been thinking about getting a can for my m1a (thanks again deadeyedick). The $200 tax stamp is not so bad when the can costs $250.
    https://youtu.be/AxS2-5JPrwc

Distinguished Member Buckingham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jayb514 View Post
    Anyone have any experience with this company? I've been thinking about getting a can for my m1a (thanks again deadeyedick). The $200 tax stamp is not so bad when the can costs $250.
    https://youtu.be/AxS2-5JPrwc
    I think you are right to be a little leary. 250$ for a 30 cal can? Why does that strike me as too good to be true?
    Sent from my Jitterbug using YezImZhitinYou

When facts and beliefs collide, beliefs always win

Been looking at their Rebel 22. I've been holding out for a few more reviews, and the Hearing Protection Act.

Biggest difficulty with making a can is the accuracy/tolerance: don't want the bullet striking it.

The actual materials used aren't expensive. Some, like titanium or inconel require specialty tools or techniques to machine.

IMO, cans, like most NFA items, are overpriced based on the fact that they are NFA items more than anything else.
    To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”

https://www.thethreepercenters.org/

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AFJuvat View Post
    Been looking at their Rebel 22. I've been holding out for a few more reviews, and the Hearing Protection Act.

Biggest difficulty with making a can is the accuracy/tolerance: don't want the bullet striking it.

The actual materials used aren't expensive. Some, like titanium or inconel require specialty tools or techniques to machine.

IMO, cans, like most NFA items, are overpriced based on the fact that they are NFA items more than anything else.
    Yes. They can only move so many so the price stays high.

That being said, Rebel Silencers follows my blog and social media channels. I will say they are really responsive and nice.
    http://regularguyguns.com/ - my no-frills gun blog.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AFJuvat View Post

Re: the BOLDED

I'm with you there! But, I would expect a huge spike in orders as the manufacturers are hit with the pent up demand (and probably some temporary price increases?)
    "The government that cannot protect the public must not strip them of the right to protect themselves." - M. Ayoob, In the Gravest Extreme

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pod View Post
    Yes. They can only move so many so the price stays high.

That being said, Rebel Silencers follows my blog and social media channels. I will say they are really responsive and nice.

That casual comment (the BOLDED) piqued my interest and I searched out 'pod's' blog.

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of his writing and his photography. Some of you may want to meander over to 'regulargunguy.' and see what he's doing there.
    "The government that cannot protect the public must not strip them of the right to protect themselves." - M. Ayoob, In the Gravest Extreme

Distinguished Member Buckingham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by collegeboy View Post
    That casual comment (the BOLDED) piqued my interest and I searched out 'pod's' blog.

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of his writing and his photography. Some of you may want to meander over to 'regulargunguy.' and see what he's doing there.
    I second the motion.
    Sent from my Jitterbug using YezImZhitinYou

When facts and beliefs collide, beliefs always win

Distinguished Member
    Thanks guys!

It's slowly but surely going somewhere
    http://regularguyguns.com/ - my no-frills gun blog.

Sposors