M&P Sport II - 499.99 - Whittaker Guns - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: M&P Sport II - 499.99 - Whittaker Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Daft3 View Post
    No reason that I know of, however I think most of my pmags are M2 - will double check this. I've seen the M3s, i've usually just grabbed the M2 because they were a couple bucks cheaper per mag. I'll have to google the difference

As far as new goes, the one I ordered before was brand new or at least shipped like it was - oil soaked upper and all the materials in the box. I removed the front site block/delta ring to change over to a free floating handguard and never noticed any wear, finger prints or the like.
    Thank you Sir. I figure it's probably new as well. From what I read Whitaker's is a great place to do business as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by 7.62Kolectr View Post
    I'll save you the trouble.
    Gen3 pmag vs Gen2.

Gen2 was made from a different formula polymer/plastic. There were isolated instances, not many in which some split down the middle of the back rib. Gen3 is now supposedly a new formula.
    Gen2 also did not fit ALL or as many AR design type rifles as the Gen3 does.
    Floor plates are now slimmer and stack more easily.
    Internal track is slightly redesigned to better prevent any chance of follower tilt.
    Awesome Sir and thanks.

Thanks for explaining Blanca!

And I hope you get your mitts on a new rifle Guitar!

WOW! I paid $599.99 for a SWaMPy 15 Sporter I a few years ago. Shooters.jax has occasionally had them for less than $599, but never that low!
    Geoff
    Who wonders what happened, a S&W apology to the dealer perhaps?
    NRA Life Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

I've got around 40 gen2 P mags for the Tavor. I've no need to buy gen3's to replace the 2's IMO, they run the Tavor flawlessly.
    The mind is the limiting factor

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking..

Stay Sharp

Brownie

Distinguished Member 7.62Kolectr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    I've got around 40 gen2 P mags for the Tavor. I've no need to buy gen3's to replace the 2's IMO, they run the Tavor flawlessly.
    You and I are fine. It was only a few instances related to servicemen who put their pmags through tougher conditions than we do.
    A few split down the back about an inch long. So they pro-actively redesigned them and the formula. No biggie. And in fact the majority of my AR mags are aluminum D&H that I got from PSA for $5.99 a while back. Those work fine for me as well.
    ¥ The origin of your right to keep and bear arms ¥
    http://constitution.org/lrev/rkba_wayment.htm
    COTEP#782

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    Brownie I would surely have bought Gen 2s but it appears Whittaker's doesn't have them. They do however have Gen 3s for $10.99.
    Last edited by guitargain; 01-09-2017 at 10:15 AM.

I went and checked again. Their website isn't easy to navigate. They do in fact have 30 rd gen 2 pmags but they are $13.99 vs the Gen 3s at $10.99

Does anyone know exactly what mag the Sport II comes with?

Last time I saw one in the box, the magazine was a Magpul Gen 2, I think I have one Gen 3 somewhere...I need to organize and inventory my magazines.

BTW http://www.wildwestgunsandgold.com/ on the North Side of Jacksonville is showing SWaMPy AR 15 Sport Mk II for $519.95!

Almost wish I was in the market. Anyone have experience with this outfit? I think I visited once years ago while coming back from Georgia (the State people!) but I didn't buy anything, prices were standard for the area.

Geoff
    Who has suspicions.
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Starfist52's Avatar
    Bought my XD.40SC $449.99 from them. seemed OK folks at the time. That was in early '13 before meeting RCR at OTS of course.
    Republic… I like the sound of the word. Means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, ... John Wayne in The Alamo

Plus Wild West says "Will beat or meet any gun shop in USA best price Guarantee!"
    If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around.

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice." - Cherokee Proverb

NRA member since forever

Sposors