Mp5
    Mp5/10mm
    Hk53
    Hk23
    Hk21

¥ The origin of your right to keep and bear arms ¥
    http://constitution.org/lrev/rkba_wayment.htm
    COTEP#782

They ignored a few that are a bit more to use the term loosely.... "affordable"
    To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”

https://www.thethreepercenters.org/

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Hmmm. I have almost 3 of the 5. I say almost because my MAC is a Cobray 9mm SMG, not the .45. My other two (from the list) are the M16 (Colt M16A1) and the MP5 (HK MP5A3). I don't particularly care for the Thompson, and the Uzi doesn't really add anything to the picture that the MP5 doesn't already do.

If I had no better use for the many thousands of dollars that would be necessary to expand the full-auto stable I'd want an AK47 and an HK G3.
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, HFS, PPITH, PPOTH) and Chief Range Safety Officer
    Florida Carry Life Member, SAF Life Member, NRA Endowment Life Member
    Front Sight Distinguished Graduate, Defensive Handgun, Glock 35 and Glock 23
    FFL Type 7, Class 2 SOT (Licensed NFA Firearms Manufacturer)
    Need a defensive force "legal plan"? Consider Self Defense Fund (SDF). Feel free to PM me with questions.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    Hmmm. I have almost 3 of the 5. I say almost because my MAC is a Cobray 9mm SMG, not the .45. My other two (from the list) are the M16 (Colt M16A1) and the MP5 (HK MP5A3). I don't particularly care for the Thompson, and the Uzi doesn't really add anything to the picture that the MP5 doesn't already do.

If I had no better use for the many thousands of dollars that would be necessary to expand the full-auto stable I'd want an AK47 and an HK G3.
    I love the M2 Carbine just for the giggle factor.

Quote Originally Posted by AFJuvat View Post
    I love the M2 Carbine just for the giggle factor.
    Never shot one of those. Once upon a time I think there were more than a few registered M2 conversion kits - but I'm sure they are all in guns and insane money now.
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, HFS, PPITH, PPOTH) and Chief Range Safety Officer
    Need a defensive force "legal plan"? Consider Self Defense Fund (SDF). Feel free to PM me with questions.

Distinguished Member

After shooting your MP5 (Thank you so very much for allowing me to shoot it, it was a "cross off" on my bucket list and as great a fun to shoot as I'd imagined), I'd be quite happy to own just that. It was a dream to shoot, very controllable and accurate. But I can see how one would get the bug, and just one machine gun wouldn't be enough. For most though, even if they could afford the acquisition cost of multiple mgs, the ammo budget would probably still be a limiting factor, sure can run through a lot of ammo in very little time.
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free." A. E. van Vogt

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurDent View Post
    After shooting your MP5 (Thank you so very much for allowing me to shoot it, it was a "cross off" on my bucket list and as great a fun to shoot as I'd imagined), I'd be quite happy to own just that. It was a dream to shoot, very controllable and accurate. But I can see how one would get the bug, and just one machine gun wouldn't be enough. For most though, even if they could afford the acquisition cost of multiple mgs, the ammo budget would probably still be a limiting factor, sure can run through a lot of ammo in very little time.
    I bought all of my transferable machine guns quite some time ago when prices were much lower than they are today. Back then I bought 3 brand new in box Cobray 9mm SMG's for $279 each - sold 2, kept 1. Though I didn't take advantage of it at the time, dealer price on transferable, registered "H&K sears" was $300 to $600 each. I saw a guy at Knob Creek that had a length of wire formed into a loop with about 30 transferable HK sears on it - like expensive keys on a makeshift keyring. I wish I had taken a picture of it. Those sears today sell for about $30,000 each. Think about that for just a second. I wish I had bought every HK sear I could get my hands on back then. But a) who knew?, b) I just didn't have the money to buy a bunch of things for $300 each and sit on them for 2 decades.

With prices are what they are today, getting into machine guns is a whole different game. I would guess that anybody who can afford $37,000 for an MP5 (not me!) wouldn't think much about the ammo bill to feed it. I hope to see the day when the Hughes Amendment (which created the machine gun manufacturing ban of 1986) is struck down by SCOTUS. I think that is the only way it will ever go away. No Congress is ever going to deal with the "optics" of "legalizing machine guns" (which is how it would be decried in the press).

Now that the 2nd amendment is recognized as an individual right, I would think that it would be difficult to sustain a ban on the manufacture of the very machine guns the militia arguably needs most (assuming a Supreme Court composed of at least 5 honest, intelligent people). Given the language in Heller we are stuck with the assumption that machine guns can be regulated, and will almost certainly always be "NFA items" that require registration - but I don't think that a ban on their manufacture for civilian ownership can stand. We'll see.

Never shot one of those. Once upon a time I think there were more than a few registered M2 conversion kits - but I'm sure they are all in guns and insane money now.
    Mine is a registered disconnector. With the M2, a part has to be the numbered part, not the trigger housing for some reason.

It was pricy, but I got it during one of those rare moments where there was a fair amount of disposable income (I had just sold a house).

Super Moderator
    Loved shooting that MP5 and allowed me to cross another MG off the bucket list. I'd last shot a MG while in college in the mid 80s when a wealthiest FFL friend had a whole stable of MGs that allowed me to cross a lot off the bucket list, but not the MP5.
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

Sposors