My thoughts on the Hearing Protection Act - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My thoughts on the Hearing Protection Act

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rvrctyrngr View Post
    Most places in Europe, you can't buy guns easily (if at all), but you can by cans just about anywhere.
    The cans are generally regulated (some countries still prohibit them though) but in general it's no worse than getting a gun over there.

Norway is unregulated - you are able to pick up a can and take it home right there with no extra hassle.

Denmark - It's not too hard, but the can needs to be for a gun you have already legally bought.

Russia is weird - you can't buy one legally, but it's not illegal to possess one...

UK - they "annotate" it to your existing firearm certificate, and you need a "good reason" to have one. The authorities are very lenient though and OK the purchase almost all the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suppressor

Regardless of regulation though, we're really the only place where suppressors are demonized. In other countries it's no big deal. If you have a gun, having a can isn't looked at askance.
    http://regularguyguns.com/ - my no-frills gun blog.

Super Moderator
    When I say the thread title, "My thoughts on the Hearing Protection Act," I wanted to post, "huh?"

Anyway, silencers don't really exist and shouldn't be in the NFA. Of course, Hollywood has the sheeple thinking a suppressor will make a Barrett .50 cal sound like a BB gun and they will squeal like stuck pigs when/if the become treated like any other firearm assessory.
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerHunter View Post
    When I say the thread title, "My thoughts on the Hearing Protection Act," I wanted to post, "huh?"

Anyway, silencers don't really exist and shouldn't be in the NFA. Of course, Hollywood has the sheeple thinking a suppressor will make a Barrett .50 cal sound like a BB gun and they will squeal like stuck pigs when/if the become treated like any other firearm assessory.
    Yep. That's why I'm advocating baby steps. I'm sincerely hoping that since the background check provision is still in place, we can sneak this one under the radar...

Then later we can work on making purchasing a can no worse than buying a sling.
    http://regularguyguns.com/ - my no-frills gun blog.

Sposors