41F kicks in today. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 41F kicks in today.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    seems a few suppressor firms paid over 2 million dollars in fee's for application before today, I did not like the CLEO sign off , still not real keen on the snail mail letter to the CLEO
    Silencer Shop in Texas posted on their Instagram about it. Yesterday, they shipped off 1200 pounds of paperwork to the ATF. Within it was $2 million in stamp taxes.

CLEO notification has me bugged. With the popularizing of the NFA market, especially for suppressors and SBRs, having a notification step provides each CLEO with an ad hoc registry of high-value firearms in the area. As I stated in my blog, it's not that I don't trust the CLEO - I don't trust his data security. Nor do I trust the politicians that surround him.

Gonna just play in Title I land until the dust settles.
    http://regularguyguns.com/ - my no-frills gun blog.

Quote Originally Posted by pod View Post
    Silencer Shop in Texas posted on their Instagram about it. Yesterday, they shipped off 1200 pounds of paperwork to the ATF. Within it was $2 million in stamp taxes.

CLEO notification has me bugged. With the popularizing of the NFA market, especially for suppressors and SBRs, having a notification step provides each CLEO with an ad hoc registry of high-value firearms in the area. As I stated in my blog, it's not that I don't trust the CLEO - I don't trust his data security. Nor do I trust the politicians that surround him.

Gonna just play in Title I land until the dust settles.
    And one of the problems with CLEO notification is that they can be "here today... gone tomorrow." My CLEO is the County Sheriff... an "elected" position. If he's ever voted out of office, goodness knows what the successor will do with those accumulated records.

I really hope that part gets struck down in the courts... or, at least, is pre-empted by FL Statutes.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FfNJGTFO View Post
    And one of the problems with CLEO notification is that they can be "here today... gone tomorrow." My CLEO is the County Sheriff... an "elected" position. If he's ever voted out of office, goodness knows what the successor will do with those accumulated records.

I really hope that part gets struck down in the courts... or, at least, is pre-empted by FL Statutes.
    Yes. It's an accumulated record of firearms ownership data, aka a registry. Florida law doesn't make a difference between Title I & Title II in that regard. The Feds can register Title II arms, however, Florida nor it's municipalities cannot, if the law is read to the letter.
    http://regularguyguns.com/ - my no-frills gun blog.

Sposors