Florida Concealed Carry banner

New Process to apply for a Florida Concealed Weapon or Firearm License

125K views 86 replies 48 participants last post by  GTracer66 
#1 · (Edited)
The below info is on the new process for applying for you FCWFL.
This has proved to result in receiving your license in approx 1 week.

How do I apply for a license?

1. Make an appointment by contacting any regional offices below.
2. Once you arrive at the regional office, you will complete your CWFL application on their computer.
3. You will need to show proof that you completed a ccw course or other proof as outlined in F.S. 790.06 License to carry concealed weapon or firearm (2) (h) 1-7.
4. You will need to provide payment of the $117.00.
5. You will have your fingerprints taken via livescan.
6. You will have your a digital photograph taken of your beautiful mug.
7. You will sign and the staff member will notarize your application.

Approximate time to complete 30 minutes.

(I committed perjury from Glock Tower, thanks for sharing your experience)

Regional Office Listing

Fort Walton Regional Office
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (CST)
Mike Matthews, Supervisor
212 Eglin Parkway S.E., Suite A
Fort Walton Beach, Florida 32548
Phone: (850) 833-9146
Fax: (850) 833-9149
matthem@doacs.state.fl.us
Jacksonville Regional Office
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (EST)
Richard Jacobsen, Supervisor
7825 Baymeadows Way
Suite 106A, Center Building
Jacksonville, Florida 32256
Phone: (904) 448-4341
Fax: (904) 448-4345
jacobsr1@doacs.state.fl.us
Tampa Regional Office
Dan Cabrera, Supervisor
1313 Tampa Street, Suite 712
Tampa, Florida 33602
Phone: (813) 272-2552
Fax: (813) 272-2252
cabrerd@doacs.state.fl.us
Miami Regional Office
Tim Davis, Supervisor
401 Northwest 2nd Avenue
Suite 720-N
Miami, Florida 33128
Phone: (305) 377-5950
Fax: (305) 377-5129
davist1@doacs.state.fl.us
Orlando Regional Office
Joe Barry, Supervisor
400 West Robinson Street, Room 110
Orlando, Florida 32801
Phone: (407) 245-0883
Fax (407) 317-7324
barryj@doacs.state.fl.us
West Palm Beach Regional Office
Fred Speaker, Supervisor
The Forum, Tower A, Suite 100
1675 Palm Beach Lakes Boulevard
West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
Phone: (561) 640-6144
Fax: (561) 640-6149
speakef@doacs.state.fl.us
Punta Gorda Regional Office
Bob Griffith, Supervisor
230 Bal Harbor Boulevard
Suite 111
Punta Gorda, Florida 33950
Phone: (941) 575-5770
Fax: (941) 575-5775
griffir@doacs.state.fl.us
*For Walk-In Service Only*

Tallahassee Regional Office
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST)
1851 N Martin Luther King Jr Blvd.
Tallahassee, FL 32303
Phone: (850) 245-5498
Fax: (850) 245-5505

See less See more
#70 · (Edited)
Not knocking it whatsoever I think it is fantastic that they did something right to correct the problem and make it eaiser for applicants, IMHO the number of new applicants this year will at least double due to this...... Point was it urks me to see " have'nt gotten mine yet and its only been10 days"....G30

#71 ·
Hi everyone,

Is anyone else having trouble contacting the Jacksonville regional office to schedule an appointment? I've called the main number several times and the nice lady who answers the phone transfers me to the appropriate office but no one ever answers. I've left messages but have not received a call back. This has gone on for about two weeks now. I'm in Colorado until the end of the month but I know they're around 3-4 weeks behind on appointments so I want to schedule as soon as I can. Anyone else in the same boat with the Jacksonville office? Thanks!

#72 ·
that's great ! cause my buddy went to the local PD for his prints & was kept waiting for over an hour & a half by the " desk cop with-an-attitude ", while he ( the desk cop ) went out of his way to do everything to get out of taking my freinds prints ! & it's not like my freind " looks " like a freak or anything, he owns his own local business & was wearing his everyday supervisor type company attire, has short hair, is clean & well spoken, & was just drug through the dirt by this guy ! He even told him 2 or 3 times he'd probably have better luck coming back another day ! then when he did finally print him he didnt even give him anything to wipe his hands with, when my freind asked he said " it'll wear off " ! Great job by the Venice PD !

#73 ·
I talked to a Woman in Tally about the electronic CWP application process. She told me it was to save money on Paper related Documents and postage.... so I don't feel so bad about complaining on here that my appt. was made Monay and is a Month and half away in the Jacksonville Office. UGH !!

#81 ·
Finally,
Mailed Dec. 17th
Money Order Cashed Dec.29th
License issued Feb. 21st
Recieved Feb.24th

Everytime I called they would say 6-8 week processing time, looks to be right around 8 weeks, keeping in mind that i sent
it snail mail with ink prints.. Off to do the Wally World Walk!!!!!

#82 ·
Hey all, just a heads up -- I'm new to this forum, but just wanted to let you know that I called the Orlando Regional Office, and spoke with a nice lady who informed that I could schedule an appointment for 11/29/2011 (this was yesterday 10/11/2011) since they were a little backlogged.

She also informed me that even though I had a North Carolina Driver's License that I would still be able to obtain my CCW permit in the state of Florida as a resident (I do live in the state now, just haven't switched my license yet).

#83 ·
I have an appointment this morning to get drop all my information off at the Tampa location, but I forgot how she said I could pay. Does anyone know right off hand? I don't want to get there to have to leave to find somewhere for a money order if they won't take a card.

Also if I need a money order, who do I make it out to?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.