41F notification question - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 41F notification question

Distinguished Member
    So basically if the Sheriff or CLEO complies with a Sunshine law request on these records, he's actually damned if he does, damned if he doesn't?

Now other than just blind faith, what are our assurances that the notifications will be destroyed?

Quote Originally Posted by pod View Post
    So basically if the Sheriff or CLEO complies with a Sunshine law request on these records, he's actually damned if he does, damned if he doesn't?

Now other than just blind faith, what are our assurances that the notifications will be destroyed?
    Or, at least, destroyed before they get "recorded" somewhere else?

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FfNJGTFO View Post
    Or, at least, destroyed before they get "recorded" somewhere else?

They are already recorded at the ATF NFA branch. Listen, I get it, 41P could have been a lot worse, and is proof that the NRA and other orgs are fighting the good fight. But let's not rest on our laurels so to speak. The handling of notifications is a concern to me, and now it appears to others as well.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member 7.62Kolectr's Avatar
    Somebody should test to see how much attn they are paying and send a form 4 in for a Aegis class battleship or something.
    Caliber of gun: 155mm
    Barrel length: 32 feet

Manufacturer US GOVT

and see what they say....
    ¥ The origin of your right to keep and bear arms ¥
    http://constitution.org/lrev/rkba_wayment.htm
    COTEP#782

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanca Busa View Post
    Somebody should test to see how much attn they are paying and send a form 4 in for a Aegis class battleship or something.
    Caliber of gun: 155mm
    Barrel length: 32 feet

Manufacturer US GOVT

and see what they say....
    The manufacturer would be whichever pork-barrel subcontractor got the gig.

Distinguished Member 7.62Kolectr's Avatar
    The manufacturer would be whichever pork-barrel subcontractor got the gig.
    Still.....file a form 1 notification letter with your local sheriff saying you intend to build an operable M1 Abrams tank and see if they are even reading them?
    ¥ The origin of your right to keep and bear arms ¥
    http://constitution.org/lrev/rkba_wayment.htm
    COTEP#782

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanca Busa View Post
    Still.....file a form 1 notification letter with your local sheriff saying you intend to build an operable M1 Abrams tank and see if they are even reading them?
    Manufacturer: Rheinmetall AG

I only know that because one time I was reading up on the Abrams and I thought "Rheinmetall" sounded like the most German name for a band ever. Until Rammstein came around, of course.

He can comply with the request by honestly replying "we do not retain and therefore do not have any of the records you have requested".
    Last edited by BrianB; 04-29-2016 at 05:01 PM.
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, HFS, PPITH, PPOTH) and Chief Range Safety Officer
    Florida Carry Life Member, SAF Life Member, NRA Endowment Life Member
    Front Sight Distinguished Graduate, Defensive Handgun, Glock 35 and Glock 23
    FFL Type 7, Class 2 SOT (Licensed NFA Firearms Manufacturer)
    Need a defensive force "legal plan"? Consider Self Defense Fund (SDF). Feel free to PM me with questions.

They are already recorded at the ATF NFA branch. Listen, I get it, 41P could have been a lot worse, and is proof that the NRA and other orgs are fighting the good fight. But let's not rest on our laurels so to speak. The handling of notifications is a concern to me, and now it appears to others as well.
    I heard that the American Suppressor Association is almost exclusively to credit with salvaging 41P from being the disaster that it was on track to be. Just making sure credit where credit is due.
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, HFS, PPITH, PPOTH) and Chief Range Safety Officer
    Florida Carry Life Member, SAF Life Member, NRA Endowment Life Member
    Front Sight Distinguished Graduate, Defensive Handgun, Glock 35 and Glock 23
    FFL Type 7, Class 2 SOT (Licensed NFA Firearms Manufacturer)
    Need a defensive force "legal plan"? Consider Self Defense Fund (SDF). Feel free to PM me with questions.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    I heard that the American Suppressor Association is almost exclusively to credit with salvaging 41P from being the disaster that it was on track to be. Just making sure credit where credit is due.
    It may be the case, and maybe the NRA is retroactively claiming a larger contribution to the effort than they really put forth...

Sposors