Florida Concealed Carry banner

.22 pistol

5K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Rick McC. 
#1 · (Edited)
Looking for a .22 pistol as a plinking/"gateway" gun for my wife to become more comfortable shooting guns with. Interested in any of the following:
Ruger mark 2,3
Ruger 22/45 all varieties
Browning buck mark

Or just any great .22 pistol that's a good deal!! Let me know what you have!

#2 · (Edited)
I have one of these. I forget what it's called. It's a Taurus .22 9-shot revolver with a 5" barrel. Shoots light and easy and one can put it in SA for weaker hands until they build strength. Don't really want to sell it but I figured I'd share.

EDIT: Taurus Model 94 http://www.taurususa.com/product-de...ry=Revolver&breadcrumbseries=&search=Model 94

Surprisingly enough, it's never given me a single bit of trouble. It goes bang every time.

-on Tapatalk

#13 ·
I've got an old 9-shot model 94 (94SS4) for plinking, but can't part with it. The DA trigger pull is very heavy. The SA trigger is the opposite and it's a pretty accurate plinker for an old Taurus made in 1994. I wouldn't own a Taurus semi-auto though.

Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Starting pistol

Revolver Auto part Muffler

#4 ·
I have 22/45 ruger it's a great little gun that I use with a can you can't go wrong . Watch CDNN sports, buds gun store or palmetto state armory for a new gun at the best price if you don't find a deal on a used one. I found if you print out the best online price the local store will match it , get close or get pissy and I don't go back that only happened once . good luck

#5 · (Edited)
I have two Ruger .22's that I bought for training (just before the "great .22 ammo shortage" hit); a semiauto SR-22 P, and a .22LR LCR.

The SR-22 is a great little auto. It's much more easily carried (and very similar in size to many 9mm autos), than the .22 target pistols; so a very good training tool (or carry gun for an infirm individual who can't handle heaver, harder to rack pistols).

The LCR is a good gun except for it's very heavy DAO trigger pull. (a common trait shared by most .22 revolvers). But since it was bought as a training tool; that's OK, too.

I think that, for your purposes; the SR-22 would make a very good choice. They can be had for around $300.00 too; so they won't break the bank.

SR-22 P:

.22LR LCR:

Edit: The auto has a 10+1 capacity, and the revolver holds eight rounds.

#11 · (Edited)
I have a beretta Neos I can sell. it's the 6" target version, stainless (Or chrome, don't know which) polished slide, fiber optic front sight and adjustable rear sight. comes with 2 stainless steel mags. Soft case. Very accurate, runs perfectly. I bought it for my wife, but she shows little interest in it. 265.00. I also have an issc "glock" 22 , it's the same size as a glock 19? Nice gun, I bought it to see if I like glock grip angle, but prefer the m&p. 225.00 for it, in the original case and all original accessories. I'm located just N of Tampa. PM me if interested

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/u22-neos-inox/

#12 ·
Nothing to sell, but another endorsement of the Ruger SR-22. Great little pistol that is very reliable with almost any ammunition.

#16 ·
I have worked on a few of the Ruger Mark "whatever" pistols.

I've found them no worse to takedown and reassemble than detail stripping and reassembling a 1911. It's actually easier than reassembling a Series 80.

That said, the SR 22's are MUCH easier for the "less experienced" shooter to field strip and reassemble.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.