41P is now 41F - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 41P is now 41F

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanca Busa View Post
    FOIL HAT: ON

in having to submit prints and photos they may accept digital submissions so that those photos could be uploaded to security/camera systems that will in the future allow them to easily locate you. Facial recognition hooked into the security system in Starbucks in Seattle will ID you and let them know exactly where you are should you ever need to be found.

Maybe?
    It isn't too far of a stretch. Right now, biometric companies are working hard to do a Minority Report-style system so marketers can target you when you enter a store. The store displays suddenly switch to show you things you like when you enter, that sort of thing. They really don't think of the Feds at first when they do these things. Heck, I've already put a few beacons around some of the venues we own which send custom messages to returning customers' phones when they enter the premises.

One of my fears about the NFA system is that we're all beta-testing a future registration scheme for guns in general. Well, if that's the case, we're proving such a scheme would never work. The Feds have issues with the few million NFA items out there, how would they handle a few hundred million?

But yeah, imagine this - your likeness is digitized, and companies can hook into it. Suddenly you're banned from IKEA because you may or may not have a gun on you, but IKEA has access to the Fed's facial database and when you entered, it ran a query and got a hit. No Klerjöppøer for you!

Quote Originally Posted by pod View Post
    But yeah, imagine this - your likeness is digitized, and companies can hook into it. Suddenly you're banned from IKEA because you may or may not have a gun on you, but IKEA has access to the Fed's facial database and when you entered, it ran a query and got a hit. No Klerjöppøer for you!
    No Klerjöppøer for me.... no $$$ for them! Enough of US get permitted, and we could bankrupt them!!! At least in the USA!

Haven't you noticed that when you swipe your credit card or debit card at the gas station the indicator light blinks on the type of fuel you usually buy..before you actually flipped the lever. System already knows from previous fill ups.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Number1gun View Post
    Haven't you noticed that when you swipe your credit card or debit card at the gas station the indicator light blinks on the type of fuel you usually buy..before you actually flipped the lever. System already knows from previous fill ups.
    I'll look when I fill up today. If the "93" light blinks...wow. Not surprising, but wow...

Sposors