41P is coming, who do we lobby for "shall certify"? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 41P is coming, who do we lobby for "shall certify"?

Distinguished Member 7.62Kolectr's Avatar
    Understood.

But.......

Would it not be silly to think that 'they' traffic drugs to Chicago all the way from Mexico but there is no gun tafficking going on?
    Certainly some enterprising criminal is going to gun friendly states, finding guns on Craigslist, meeting people in Walmart parking lot with cash and buying guns to take elsewhere to be sold for a profit. If I'm thinking about it somebody is already doing it.
    How large or small of a percentage that is is most likely extremely small when compared to just plain ole fashioned horse trading going on amongst honest folks though.
    ¥ The origin of your right to keep and bear arms ¥
    http://constitution.org/lrev/rkba_wayment.htm
    COTEP#782

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanca Busa View Post
    Understood.

But.......

Would it not be silly to think that 'they' traffic drugs to Chicago all the way from Mexico but there is no gun tafficking going on?
    Certainly some enterprising criminal is going to gun friendly states, finding guns on Craigslist, meeting people in Walmart parking lot with cash and buying guns to take elsewhere to be sold for a profit. If I'm thinking about it somebody is already doing it.
    How large or small of a percentage that is is most likely extremely small when compared to just plain ole fashioned horse trading going on amongst honest folks though.
    No one denies that a small percentage of guns used in crimes are legally bought in a gun-friendly state and then shipped north. However, the northern governors and politicians would have it that there's a veritable river of guns flowing up I-95.

Quote Originally Posted by pod View Post
    No one denies that a small percentage of guns used in crimes are legally bought in a gun-friendly state and then shipped north. However, the northern governors and politicians would have it that there's a veritable river of guns flowing up I-95.
    Can anyone say for sure there isn't?
    Rivers of drugs. Why not same for all things illegal or difficult to get elsewhere?
    Just a fact of a free society. But I think there are people who specialize in getting guns elsewhere for bad guys.
    Foolish not to.
    COTEP#782

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member
    Can anyone say for sure there isn't?
    Rivers of drugs. Why not same for all things illegal or difficult to get elsewhere?
    Just a fact of a free society. But I think there are people who specialize in getting guns elsewhere for bad guys.
    Foolish not to.
    There could be, but I doubt it. Most guns tend to stick around roughly where they were originally purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by pod View Post
    There could be, but I doubt it. Most guns tend to stick around roughly where they were originally purchased.
    You know I'm on your side and just discussing this.
    But how do you know that? Are there stats on where illegal guns were originally bought compared to where they were taken off the street?
    COTEP#782

Distinguished Member
    You know I'm on your side and just discussing this.
    But how do you know that? Are there stats on where illegal guns were originally bought compared to where they were taken off the street?
    That's a huge data set if you think about it. You'd have to dig into the ATF's trace records. Where a gun was purchased and where it ended up if it was used in a crime?

The most I'd guess is that in gun-friendly states, the guns don't go too far. A Miami gang-banger is probably gonna use a gun he stole from a Miami source.

In restrictive states, harder to say. Guns are durable items and it could be that recovered ones were locally purchased prior to restrictions and just sitting around in someone's closet. Along with ones shipped from other areas.

As you say, it's the price of freedom. In restrictive states, restrictions aren't new. New York and Illinois have always been unkind to gun owners, yet just now they blame Georgia, Florida, etc for their crime problems. Deflecting the blame from decades of failed social policies I guess...

Distinguished Member
    Understood.

But.......

Oh, I have no question it's going on, in fact I guarantee it is. However Zero made it sound like it was like guys on the side of the road with a produce stand. Law abiding folks buying guns in Indiana (because everyone know they just give guns away there to anyone want them) and driving to ****cago and selling them at a roadside stand! But Hero-Zero's executive movement will stop all that because, they'll have to get an FFL now!

Sposors