41P is coming, who do we lobby for "shall certify"? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 41P is coming, who do we lobby for "shall certify"?

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pod View Post
    Out of everything he said last week, his statements on trusts and NFA were the most boldfaced lies. Everyone who follows the NFA item acquisition process is subject to a background check.
    Except for co-trustees, and beneficiaries of a trust (not sure about other legal entities), no background check, prints/photo for them, but they still have legal access to the assets.

So while his statement could be classified as technically 'true' just like his "A felon can buy whatever he wants from an unlicensed internet gun seller without any checks at all." it is completely, intentionally, misleading, fear-mongering, bull****!

Distinguished Member 7.62Kolectr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by notalawyer View Post
    Except for co-trustees, and beneficiaries of a trust (not sure about other legal entities), no background check, prints/photo for them, but they still have legal access to the assets.

So while his statement could be classified as technically 'true' just like his "A felon can buy whatever he wants from an unlicensed internet gun seller without any checks at all." it is completely, intentionally, misleading, fear-mongering, bull****!
    Are prints and photos required for trustees now?
    They are held by the trust owner?
    ¥ The origin of your right to keep and bear arms ¥
    http://constitution.org/lrev/rkba_wayment.htm
    COTEP#782

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanca Busa View Post
    Are prints and photos required for trustees now?
    They are held by the trust owner?
    Just one. Sent off to ATF with form and trust paperwork.

Going forward, all 'responsible persons' (trustees and possibly beneficiaries - who knows what the final rule will say) will be required to submit photo/prints/etc with a copy of the trust paperwork & Form 1/4/x; undergo the same background check; and notify their Chief LEO. No idea if they are thinking of trying to increase the fees or not.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member

Yep. That's the little part that, according to BHO, makes his entire statement true. I sincerely doubt though that people were establishing trusts just so their felonious relatives could get ahold of an SBR. If a criminal wants an SBR, he's going to make one and I doubt he's going to tell the ATF.

Quote Originally Posted by pod View Post
    Yep. That's the little part that, according to BHO, makes his entire statement true. I sincerely doubt though that people were establishing trusts just so their felonious relatives could get ahold of an SBR. If a criminal wants an SBR, he's going to make one and I doubt he's going to tell the ATF.
    I would really like to see somebody pose this in a question form to Obama.

'Sir do you honestly believe one would pay for a trust, have it witnessed, notarized and executed, then pay $200 for the tax stamp as well as extra money for shorter rifle, wait 5-9 months to be able to take it home from the dealer only to then pass it to their criminal friend to commit crimes with? Or do you not just think they'd cut the barrel off and be done with it since they are by your assumption criminals on a mission?'

Hmmmmmm....
    COTEP#782

'Sir do you honestly believe one would pay for a trust, have it witnessed, notarized and executed, then pay $200 for the tax stamp as well as extra money for shorter rifle, wait 5-9 months to be able to take it home from the dealer only to then pass it to their criminal friend to commit crimes with? Or do you not just think they'd cut the barrel off and be done with it since they are by your assumption criminals on a mission?'

Hmmmmmm....
    They screen the questions, so no chance of that. In fact, just for submitting such a question, the IRS is now interested in your tax records. Prepare to be audited.

Quote Originally Posted by TMF View Post
    They screen the questions, so no chance of that. In fact, just for submitting such a question, the IRS is now interested in your tax records. Prepare to be audited.
    Well in that case I have about 20,000 5.56 declarations to be made........
    COTEP#782

Distinguished Member

Hmmmmmm....
    Didn't he say several times something about a van load of guns from Indiana are brought to Chicago all the time and sold to 13-year-old's? Implying that those criminals would be stopped because of their need to obtain a FFL?

Didn't he say several times something about a van load of guns from Indiana are brought to Chicago all the time and sold to 13-year-old's? Implying that those criminals would be stopped because of their need to obtain a FFL?
    In that I think he was referring to the private sales with no backround check being done not the NFA trust angle, no?
    COTEP#782

Distinguished Member
    In that I think he was referring to the private sales with no backround check being done not the NFA trust angle, no?
    Yes, but I was just using it as another example of his outright lies and/or stupidity.

Sposors