Florida Suppressor Shoot - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida Suppressor Shoot

Distinguished Member TitleIIToyLover's Avatar
    If you started the thread you can edit the title.

Go to the first post in the thread.
    Click Edit Post.
    Click Go Advanced.

you can edit the title on that page.
    There are only 3 colors, 10 digits, and 7 notes; it's how we arrange them that is important.

Quote Originally Posted by TitleIIToyLover View Post
    If you started the thread you can edit the title.

Go to the first post in the thread.
    Click Edit Post.
    Click Go Advanced.

you can edit the title on that page.
    Done! Any other suggestions that you think may help to draw others is highly appreciated.

I've added a link below to the Facebook Event Page for anyone that is interested in responding via the Facebook page.

Facebook Florida Suppressor Shoot Event

Name:  FaceBook-Gun-Logo.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  15.6 KB
    Last edited by ex95B10; 07-03-2015 at 06:20 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

It has been suggested that September might still be too hot for an outdoor event and that the date should be pushed back till November.
    Does anyone else that is interested in going feel the same way, do you think that September would be too hot at the Okeechobee Shooting range to be enjoyable?

Distinguished Member TitleIIToyLover's Avatar
    I belong to an outdoor range in central Florida. I always look forward to the first cold front in September as the beginning of the cooler weather and enjoyable shooting. I am usually disappointed when it is the end of September or October before we get relief from the heat. In south Florida I can only imagine that it is more likely than not that it will still be hot and muggy the middle of September. I also watch the weather as part of my job and can tell you that no one can forecast the weather for Florida in September.

I live closer to JAX than PBI so don't change anything on my account. I am less likely to attend any event in south Florida in September than I would have a North Florida event. If I was planning the ideal shooting event for me and my son, in south Florida, it would be the second week in December. Too late for the hurricanes, wet enough to minimize the fire danger and too early for the spring rain. I have experienced a 5 day rain event over thanksgiving, more than once. No one knows. I have been very cold in the Keys in December even with a jacket.

There is an old saying among the locals: If you don't like the weather in Florida wait five minutes.

With that said, I do have a couple of cans that need shot really bad..
    There are only 3 colors, 10 digits, and 7 notes; it's how we arrange them that is important.

I'm ok with pushing back some. I'm still waiting on a stamp for the Omega, it's at 3.5 months right now. Had one come in 3 and another in 4 so it may come any day now, hopefully. Can still go if it stays the same date. I could have my wife post something in her TBGR facebook group if you are interested in spreading the word around a little more., they also have some ties with the NFA review channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Vision Remodeling View Post
    I'm ok with pushing back some. I'm still waiting on a stamp for the Omega, it's at 3.5 months right now. Had one come in 3 and another in 4 so it may come any day now, hopefully. Can still go if it stays the same date. I could have my wife post something in her TBGR facebook group if you are interested in spreading the word around a little more., they also have some ties with the NFA review channel.
    There's actually a few other interested parties that are waiting for their tax stamp to come through any day now, so apparently the consensus is that the date should be pushed back at least till the latter part of October.
    There's also been a concern over the summer time thunderstorms that Florida is infamous for, nobody wants to travel a great distance only to be rained out.
    I am not familiar with TBGR but I'll assume that it's the Tampa Bay gun range.
    I am familiar with Adam from the NFA Review Channel.
    Maybe he could bring his new flame thrower with him.
    By whatever means you can spread the news would be great.

Sent from my  iPhone 6 plus and posted via Tapatalk.

Distinguished Member
    October/November is OK with me.

Distinguished Member ctsheepdog's Avatar
    Palm Beach area (Connecticut escapee summer 2015)
    This newb Yankee prefers later, if anyone cares.
    "It is one thing to show a man he is in error, and another to put him in possession of truth." - John Locke

“To expect the unexpected shows a thoroughly modern intellect.” ― Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by pod View Post
    October/November is OK with me.
    November sounds great… Now all we have to do is figure out which weekend would work best without interfering with Turkey Day or other holiday travels.

Quote Originally Posted by ctsheepdog View Post
    This newb Yankee prefers later, if anyone cares.
    November work for you?

Sposors