The Blonde or the Brunette??? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The Blonde or the Brunette???

I have the most built kaw concours 1000 ever built.I built a custom block and brought it out to 1109cc's. It has won "best engineered concours" 2x at the COG national, and I only competed it those two times. Now I just put it there for display because no other bike can actually compete with it. It runs and handles like a zrx but has full fairing and bags, i know the whole zx line pretty well, and I'm the technical editor for the concours Owners Group.

I think this is a very viable alternative - the kaw versys 1000. 1043cc's, it's the new rex with bags and a fairing. Sits upright. lots to like... http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/2015-VERSYS-1000-LT

Distinguished Member LittleGator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SISF View Post
    I have the most built kaw concours 1000 ever built.I built a custom block and brought it out to 1109cc's. It has won "best engineered concours" 2x at the COG national, and I only competed it those two times. Now I just put it there for display because no other bike can actually compete with it. It runs and handles like a zrx but has full fairing and bags, i know the whole zx line pretty well, and I'm the technical editor for the concours Owners Group.

I think this is a very viable alternative - the kaw versys 1000. 1043cc's, it's the new rex with bags and a fairing. Sits upright. lots to like... http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/2015-VERSYS-1000-LT
    Right now I can't get away for days at a time. In 3 - 4 years, I think that work and family obligations will reach a level where I will be able to get away on tours. I plan to start with a guided tour or two (Eagle Rider,etc.). If I find it is something I enjoy, a Tourer will be in the cards. The Versys 1000 is among a handful of top contenders.
    NRA member
    NRA - RSO
    COTEP #750

"The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. " -Dr. Adrian Pierce Rogers

Distinguished Member mirage2521's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleGator View Post
    Because I am vertically challenged. The Low Rider and Street Bob come with mid-controls. They have more of a standard riding position. I can't get comfortable with the forward controls that come with most other Harleys.
    Had a Street Bob, freaking hated it. Sold it in 6 months, bought a Street Glide and wow, 10 times more fun to ride, way lower center of gravity and just way more fun to corner with and ride.
    Up to a point a man's life is shaped by environment, heredity, and movements and changes in the world about him; then there comes a time when it lies within his grasp to shape the clay of his life into the sort of thing he wishes to be. ... Everyone has it within his power to say, this I am today, that I shall be tomorrow
    Louis Dearborn L'Amour

You may now carry on with your absurd non-directional bantering.
    Yocan

If Obama is the answer, it must have been a stupid question.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MPDC66 View Post
    Yep, they've evolved. I rode a Suzuki Gs1100 with the Katana bodywork from N.Va to the top of Newfoundland and back. Buzzing isn't better than shaking. The rubber mounted RGlide was a pleasure long distance and the frame mounted fairing worked well at speed. Made several long days in the saddle, older than I was when I had the GS, I'd take the Harley for anything but pure acceleration .

Attachment 21845

Yep Brownie, Marine Corps Flag on the antenna, Blue Ridge Pkway in NC.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pitor View Post
    The slingshot has been around for some time now. Some people swear by it. I'm not a bike guy so i really don't know much.
    Saw one yesterday....thought it was a boat on wheels until my angle improved....
    Patron Life Member National Rifle Association
    Life Member Illinois State Rifle Association
    Member Parents of Murdered Children

"A free man must not be told how to think, either by the government or by social activists. He may certainly be shown the right way, but he must not accept being forced into it."
    The reason that we argue is not to be right, but to come closer to the truth.

Distinguished Member bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SISF View Post

I remember the concours pics you posted in a past thread....very cool stuff....

the versys is sharp but too futuristic for my old taste....
    Top Dog Wannabe....

"the two most important days of your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why"...mark twain

"a ship in harbor is safe. but thats not what ships are built for."
    john a shedd

keep moving...if you make em believe youre crazier than they are theyd have to be a fool to stick around and find out what youre capable of...me...

pink is the new black....

Sposors