80% Lowers $54 and free shipping!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 80% Lowers $54 and free shipping!

80% Lowers $54 and free shipping!

Use coupon code 10percent to get 10% off order. Also free shipping!

http://www.rangetool.com/store/

80% lowers $54 after coupon and free shipping!

Distinguished Member Starfist52's Avatar
    Can almost match this at LGS for a 100% lower. Having said that, it still has to pass background check as ATF considers it the firearm. Your 80% avoids that and the satisfaction you will get from machining out FC pocket yourself. Seems that would give more of an "I built that feel."
    Republic… I like the sound of the word. Means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, ... John Wayne in The Alamo

Does an 80% lower require any machining or just attachment of parts?
    “If you get to thinking you’re a person of influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.” – Will Rogers

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GD2A View Post
    Does an 80% lower require any machining or just attachment of parts?
    These only require drilling the trigger and safety holes and machining the fire control group area. I am researching using a router for the machining. It can be done with a drill press but I don't have one of those.

If anyone wants to split a set of jigs please let me know. We both won't be using them at the same time and can split the cost!

Distinguished Member parabellum's Avatar
    Check out tommys firearms in Tallahassee. He has complete lowers for less than that.

Great guy, and he ships too
    Last edited by parabellum; 04-21-2015 at 01:58 AM.
    "Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by parabellum View Post
    Check out tommys firearms in Tallahassee. He has complete lowers for less than that.

Great guy, and he ships too
    Complete lowers can easily be found for cheaper. These are unfinished and can be shipped directly to your door.

check out these guys
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiHdV5slQps
    website
    http://www.80percentarms.com
    Cool video using router to mill out with their jigs. Your idea of multiple lowers bought is probably most economical way to go with several people. Just be sure each person does their own milling
    Republic… I like the sound of the word. Means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, ... John Wayne in The Alamo

Distinguished Member parabellum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfist52 View Post
    check out these guys
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiHdV5slQps
    website
    http://www.80percentarms.com
    Cool video using router to mill out with their jigs. Your idea of multiple lowers bought is probably most economical way to go with several people. Just be sure each person does their own milling
    Why would you have to make sure each person does their own milling?
    "Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by parabellum View Post
    Why would you have to make sure each person does their own milling?
    Because the serial number receiver IS the firearm as far as the ATF is concerned and 80% lowers have no serial number; they are not considered the firearm until milled out and completed to 100%. The person that completes an 80% lower to a 100% lower is technically the firearm "manufacturer." One cannot manufacture firearms for someone else if not licensed as a "firearms manufacturer." However, one can manufacturer a firearm for themselves without a manufacturer's license. So if an unlicensed person buys several 80% lowers for a group of people, then each person can complete their own lower to 100% but that one guy cannot do the work on behalf of the others.
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

Beerhunter is right. The ATF Does recommend you make your own serial #s on the ones you make, and while it would be illegal to sell one you made if you're not a licensed FFL, you Could give one to someone ( I would like mine FDE please!)

Sposors