Florida Concealed Carry banner

Silencer Shop Direct

6K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Silencer Shop 
#1 ·
I was reading about your "Silencer Shop Direct" program at: http://www.silencershop.com/silencer-shop-direct/

I'm assuming that since you are charging $270 for the tax stamp the transfer and pickup from a local dealer will be without additional cost. Is this correct?

Is there a list of the Florida FFLs where this is available?

#3 ·
The $270 covers everything including the transfer fee. So you would not pay anything with the FFL. We have several FFL's in Florida that we deal with. Due to our contract I cannot give you their names but here is a list of the cities.
Pensacola, Big Pine Key, Valrico, Cape Coral, Lake Park, Niceville, North Port, Coral Springs, Orlando, Saint Petersburg, Milton, Clearwater, Yalaha, Tampa, Miami, Lutz, Bradenton, Yulee

Let me know if you have any questions.

#6 ·
I went with Silencer Shop Direct and picked up my first suppressor about a month ago. The hardest part of the process was the wait. Submitted my trust on 2/18, ATF cashed the check on 5/11 and I picked up the can from the FFL on 9/21. All in all quite easy and painless.

#7 ·
Why did it take almost three months for them to cash your check?
You/they submit the app and check to one address whom almost always immediately cashes the check.
And then they forward it to the NFA branch for final processing. I mailed a check on 10/3 and by the 10th it had been received and cashed. Called NFA yesterday and they said app had been recieved and was in process.

#8 ·
I wondered the same...I think it may have had something to do with the form 3 to transfer the suppressor from Silencer Shop to the FFL in Florida. That took about a month in itself. I don't think the form 3 and 4 were submitted simultaneously. Then there's the potential for the form 4 paperwork to sit on a desk in limbo waiting to be accepted and processed. Maybe Jeremy can shed some light on it? At the end of the day I have my suppressor and it took about 7 months from start to finish so I'm happy- when I run the can it's all worth while:thumsup

#9 ·
eyesac is right the form 3 has to go through before the form 4 is submitted and check cashed. I used Silencer Shop for my last suppressor but not SSdirect. I wanted to have it transferred to a range that would let me shoot it while I waited for the stamp. The stamp came before I made the effort to go to the range to use it. Next time I probably will use Silencer Shop direct.

#13 ·
Interesting. Just goes to show that even stores who've been doing it for years don't know?
Or maybe they were just being overly cautious because the ones I've bought so far have all had me sign back of form on 'trustee' line.

Anyway I was gonna send a pm but I think my question may apply here.
I was trying to add a silencer to my cart last night on your site. Before I could do that I had to put in a zip code to find a dealer close by to take delivery from. It found none. So I tried searching by state, Florida. None really anywhere near me. So can I buy the can from you and have my local SOT send you a copy of his FFL so I can pick it up a couple miles from my home and have you file the paperwork or do we have to do a form 3 and I do paperwork?

#16 ·
I have purchased all of my suppressors through SilencerShop.com and I have zero regrets, these guys were there for me with every silly question that I could come up with.
Their prices are also extremely hard to beat, I still haven't been able to find mine cheaper anywhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.