Florida Concealed Carry banner

Brownie method of sharpening on the Spyderco Sharpmaker

10K views 37 replies 19 participants last post by  High Seas Drifter 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
Not my choice of sharpeners but a good explanation of the technique required not to miss the point.

Thanks!:thumsup

#3 ·
this sharpening kit is the first one ive ever been able to put a seriously sharp edge on a blade with....I have a small lockback I carry at school for utility in the shop and it cuts through anything like butter...along with the fact that it couldn't be easier....

I use the guards though....all I can imagine is a slip once the knife is sharp....ive got enough scars already....

#9 ·
My experience with my "Spydie Sticks" is apparently the same as bladenbullet's. Love the edge I get on my blades now! :thumsup

#12 ·
Forgot to say thanks for showing me how to properly sharpen a knife brownie! And thanks for another quality video, too! :thumsup

#13 ·
Brownie, your PM box is full. Can you post this over at the mothership so our friends there may benefit? Thanks, my friend

#22 ·
Thanks Scott, I was trying to get this done before Fla but it wasn't in the cards.

- - - Updated - - -

...because one channel can't hold enough Brownie! :grin

I recognize those blades! Kudos for another fine demonstration, sir! :thumsup
Thanks, didn't have to show the mug in this one. :grin

#19 ·
The Bagwell you saw sharpened is now scary sharp. The clip of the blade isn't as sharp, but it's got a different grind on it and isn't made to be as sharp. The Patton in the vid is sharp from the vid as well, just shy of scary sharp then, but after I turned the vid off, I was able to work the magic standing right over the kit.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks again for another great video Brownie! Funny thing though, the link you provided did not show me subscribed to your channel on Youtube so I went to That channel and didn't see it over there. Simple fix, subscribed to this new channel too!:thumsup
Welcome, it created some new account and won't let me post it to my channel. I've got mail into them on a fix.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for sharing this technique during lunch last weekend and again on video. :)
Welcome

#16 ·
Just put the spyderco sticks on my wish list. Looking forward to getting them and using this tutorial.

I believe it comes with the medium and fine sticks.

Should I pick up any others?

Thanks

#20 ·
I have a set of their diamond stones as well. Butter knives are short work on them to reset the primary, instead of using the course stones for much longer. They're optional but I use them enough on others knives to have them and save the time. I get 3.00 a knife so I don't need to spend a lot of time with the right tools. Hope that helps

#17 ·
Thanks for sharing this technique during lunch last weekend and again on video. :)

#18 ·
Thanks again for another great video Brownie! Funny thing though, the link you provided did not show me subscribed to your channel on Youtube so I went to That channel and didn't see it over there. Simple fix, subscribed to this new channel too!:thumsup

#34 ·
BTTT again. Hey, at least I'm using the search function!

OK, do I want 30° or 40°? Google is no help here. Too much differing info. I prefer the "do what Brownie tells me" method. :grin

-on Tapatalk

#32 ·
I'm gonna' bump this thread back to the top for others who, like me, may have had a problem keeping the point on a blade.

See Brownie's original post for the video link.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.