Florida Concealed Carry banner

My first competition

6K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  AnthonySmithXR 
#1 ·
I'm at the idpa qualifier at R&D in Ocala. Doing fairly well. I've never competed at all except for 'one hole' bets with my friends. This is a TON of fun!!

#3 ·
Alright. We're all finished. I don't know my standing yet but personally I feel like it well according to my own expectations. I had two stupid mistakes. As we were supposed to be advancing towards the target and firing on the move, but my first shot I stopped fired and then continued walking. Didn't even realize I was doing it. My other was at the end when we had a TAC reload. Like an idiot I reloaded the spent mag and thus had to do to reload during that course of fire.

Most important lessons at this time are: I'm a better, faster shot at close range than I thought. I need to practice reloads. I need to practice more at long-distance, greater than 10 yards. And I've got to watch my freaking muzzle during reloads. I'm in the habit of pointing toward the sky, or toward my left side angle up about 45°. Almost got disqualified for that. We were at an indoor range and all actions had to be done with the gun squarely downrange. Aimed at the backstop. I'm just going to have to train out that bad habit. I'm sure there are other lessons but those are my immediate takeaways.

#5 ·
have fun with it....:thumsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.