Ammo...ever in good supply again in our lifetime? - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Ammo...ever in good supply again in our lifetime?

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    seems kind of comical that the folks who thought ahead and stocked up along with those who seize every opportunity to build their stock are labeled as hoarders and idiots because those who werent prepared cant find ammo...
    I agree.

To borrow (and adapt) from George Carlin... "Anyone who has more ammo than me is an ***hole. And anyone who has less than me is an idiot."

I had been buying ammo regularly for the last four years, or so (before the frenzy). I figured I was hedging against future price increases and possible shortages. Ammo doesn't spoil / go bad. I'll eventually use it... or pass it on.

I'm fairly well-stocked. So, does that make me a "hoarder?" Or, am I just SMART?

When prices go back down... I'll be buying more. But, for now I'm comfortably SITTING TIGHT. I can't believe people are paying $90+ for a brick of .22LR!! Crazy.

PS... A friend of mine recently bought his first pistol for home defense, a Glock 17. He asked me where he could buy ammo. The answer was, basically, "nowhere." I asked if he was looking for FMJ or HP (for defense). He replied, "anything." I then discovered that he had an empty gun at home with zero ammo. So, I GAVE him a box of Federal HST. I wouldn't want to know that my friend might be left defenseless in a bad situation... and I could have helped. In exchange, he took me to lunch! Works for me! :-)
    Last edited by racer88; 05-14-2013 at 10:41 AM.

Distinguished Member bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
    I agree.

To borrow (and adapt) from George Carlin... "Anyone who has more ammo than me is an ***hole. And anyone who has less than me is an idiot."

I had been buying ammo regularly for the last four years, or so (before the frenzy). I figured I was hedging against future price increases and possible shortages. Ammo doesn't spoil / go bad. I'll eventually use it... or pass it on.

I'm fairly well-stocked. So, does that make me a "hoarder?" Or, am I just SMART?

When prices go back down... I'll be buying more. But, for now I'm comfortably SITTING TIGHT. I can't believe people are paying $90+ for a brick of .22LR!! Crazy.
    the day after sandy hook i ordered another 1000 rounds of ammo....when i slid it back in the closet it ran into a 1000 round case i forgot i had back there in addition to the ammo cans i keep stocked...i smiled and hoped it would all carry me through this one...ive had to adjust my shooting habits but i think my current supply and the 2000 bullets that are finally being shipped to me from precision delta for my reloading venture ought to keep me from paying too much for ammo for a long tme to come....and if anyone runs into a deal on 231 or hp38 i wouldnt mind a heads up....
    Top Dog Wannabe....

"the two most important days of your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why"...mark twain

"a ship in harbor is safe. but thats not what ships are built for."
    john a shedd

keep moving...if you make em believe youre crazier than they are theyd have to be a fool to stick around and find out what youre capable of...me...

pink is the new black....

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
    Yes. That is what I believe will happen. But, I won't speculate a time frame.

Let's hope I'm right!
    Yes I really hope you are right. That would be amazing if prices do come back to those levels again.

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    seems kind of comical that the folks who thought ahead and stocked up along with those who seize every opportunity to build their stock are labeled as hoarders and idiots because those who werent prepared cant find ammo...
    I don't think I would consider those people who stocked up "idiots" by any means. They are actually smart and have the right mentality.
    -Fortune Favors the Brave.

-Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Spam

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mokan View Post
    Spam
    It's been taken care of.
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

Sposors