Florida Concealed Carry banner

Big News for the Forum!

58K views 295 replies 93 participants last post by  BeerHunter 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!

My name is Steve and I am a fellow gun enthusiast and forum nut. I have run forums before and have been interested in finding a new forum to participate in for a while. I came across this one a few weeks ago and it was exactly what I was looking for. I approached Norm about possibly selling it and we were able to work something out, and now here we are!

I know a lot of folks will be completely turned off by the idea of a new site owner and I completely understand that, especially an “outsider,” I just ask that you give me a chance and see if you like the result. I’d be willing to bet you’ll be very satisfied in a very short time.

I am not looking to change the “heart” of the forum, I’m just interested in participating in conversations with fellow gun enthusiasts as well as improving the look and performance of the site as a whole. I know it is weird but I really just enjoy using and running a forum.

I took over ownership on Sunday and immediately started working on moving the site, hopefully you have noticed the site is performing much better than it has been in the past few weeks. We still have one more move to make to get to our final “home,” but it shouldn’t be a debacle like the move on Sunday was. :D Normally I would have just waited until my new server was ready to avoid moving twice but I found the site to be almost unusable in the last few days and figured everyone would appreciate an earlier move.

To start I’d like to inform everyone about some of the immediate changes:

1. As mentioned above, we will be moving to a much faster and much more reliable server so your experience as far as site speed and reliability should improve greatly.

2. I feel like there are too many banner ads currently, I’ll reduce it down to two ads in the header and possibly one in the footer. There will never be any ads in the content of the site (In posts, between posts, etc).

3. I will go through each setting in the admin control panel and optimize everything, this should result in an overall cleaner and easier to use forum and may even result in more features than are currently available. ( I am about half way through with this, you may have noticed slight tweaks and changes already)

4. I will go through and clean up the forum layout and try to group common topics together and maybe add or remove a coupe along the way, I’d love to hear suggestions on this one!

5. I will expand the classifieds a little bit and loosen the rules on them. Classifieds are very entertaining when done correctly and can also be very helpful if you need something or want to get rid of something and would prefer to deal with someone in your own community.

I’d also like to hear any questions or concerns you may have, and would also love to hear any suggestions as to things you would like to have fixed or changed, and also anything you absolutely don’t want touched.

Just post any questions, concerns, bug reports, etc in this thread and I will get to them as soon as I can. If all goes to plan I will be on full time for the rest of today and most of tomorrow to answer any questions and to work on the site.

If you are experiencing issues with being logged out automatically, "What's New" resetting too fast, etc, then please delete your cookies for the site in your browser, that should get it back to normal.

Thanks!

See less See more
#241 · (Edited)
I admit, his REVISED history and willingness to lie about his beliefs while mesmerizing the Kumbayah crowd were impressive. His making moral equivalences between terrorist, Islamobabblers and Israel or Christian history fron a millennium ago less so.

His command of English was good, command of facts, not do much. :thumbsdwn

BTW, I have no idea what his race was/is but have no respect for his beliefs or perversion of American history or Judeo/Christian Culture. Reminded me of Obama's view of America, the great contributions of Colonial Muslims.:rofl

Yeah, they supplied many of the slaves they captured in Africa to Traders here, first under the Brits then AMERICANS. Thanks a lot fellas!

#244 ·
I admit, his REVISED history and willingness to lie about his beliefs while mesmerizing the Kumbayah crowd were impressive. His making moral equivalences between terrorist, Islamobabblers and Israel or Christian history fron a millennium ago less so.

His command of English was good, command of facts, not do much. :thumbsdwn

It was easy for me to tell when he was right.
Whenever you guys turned to direct personal attacks on him it easily demonstrated your inability to refute what he said.

There were times when he was exposed and even myself was sometimes like 'WTF is this guy talking about!'
And you folks proved him wrong in your posts.

But not always.....

#259 ·
I don't visit the sewage treatment plant but know it stinks.

BTW, it wasn't "places" I referred to. It was viewpoint.

#260 ·
Viewpoints are changed from personal experiences.
No experience leads to skewed viewpoints.

I ate in a streetside cafe in Baghdad with my father when Saddam was still in power as an obvious American and I never felt anything other than welcome from all I encountered. Post Saddam I was scared crapless both times. There is something to be said for the messes we have created ourselves.

#261 ·
AND I watched the Twin towers fall, the carnage in Boston, the beheadings, etc. Common denominator? Yeah, I know.:thumbsdwn

#263 ·
19 Saudis and we seek revenge against two other countries?
Carnage in Boston committed by two idiots not anymore Muslim than you.
The beheadings done by the very extremists you label.

Common denominator is not the religion but instead crazy people nobody can ever prevent.
They come in all colors and creeds.

Not we, Obama. Obama created the messes.
Obama didn't invade Afghanistan instead of Saudi Arabia. Nor did he invade Iraq.
Lots of messes he has created or ignored for that matter but our current sticky situation is due to decades of failed foreign policy.

#277 · (Edited)
In short, to address the returning player's question from my point of view....

The forum changed hands yet again.

About the same time, we were joined by a new member with an agenda, an agenda I pegged from his first two or three posts BTW, but one who was very crafty at dancing on the edge of the rules yet discussing only inflative subjects to goad folks into a fight.

When folks started calling his actions out, he was protected while longstanding, highly valued members were banned including a sponsor or two.

Such is the reason for many missing members and a few mods IMHO.

A few are trickling back, but I doubt this place will ever be the great source for information it was.

Just my .02 FWIW.

#279 ·
In short to address the OP from my point of view....

The forum changed hands yet again.

About the same time, we were joined by a new member with an agenda, an agenda I pegged from his first two or three posts BTW, but one who was very crafty at dancing on the edge of the rules yet discussing only inflative subjects to goad folks into a fight.

When folks started calling his actions out, he was protected while longstanding, highly valued members were banned including a sponsor or two.

Such is the reason for many missing members and a few mods IMHO.

A few are trickling back, but I doubt this place will ever be the great source for information it was.

Just my .02 FWIW.
People used insults, thats why they were banned. A little self control goes a long way.

#290 ·
women do not fart, because they never shut their mouths long enough to build sufficient back pressure

#296 ·
I can attest to that, sort of. Mrs. BH was vaccinated with a Victrola needle and every attempt makes me think, "Ah ha! A squib load!" :rofl

#291 ·
I knew there was some good explanation... :rofl

#295 ·
Well, I can say that of recent my exposure on here has been extremely limited within the past year. The current U.S. Administrative branch is the primary reason. I do peek in the window to see whats going on from time to time with you folks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.