Florida Concealed Carry banner

Regular Trust vs. Gun Trust

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  HOTCHKIS 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I met a gentleman this past weekend and we started talking guns. He stated he had a silencer for one of his rifles so I asked him if he wouldn't mind telling me the route he took to get his trust. He said he had a guy do all the paper work and went through his bank and he paid $75 for it and had papers in hand all in the same day. Now I'm not interested in his story and whether or not it is true. What I am interested in is the fact that banks do fill out trusts and has anyone used the bank for trust purposes to get NFA gear? I have the paper work for Patrick Buckley's Trust and outside of asking if I am LE, and CCW holder there really isn't any talk about weapons on the paper work. I also read online one of the big issues with a regular trust as opposed to a gun trust is if the original trustee dies the weapons could fall into the wrong hands. ( someone under the age of 18 or not trained to use weapons, etc.) That will not happen because I already have the names that will inherit my weapons if something happens to me and they are well trained. Thanks for any info!

My apologies if this has been brought up before, I did not see anything on the subject while doing a search.

#2 ·
I also had a guy at the range that was shooting a NFA weapon and also asked how I would go about it! He said I would use his original paperwork..he would whiteout where his info was and I would put my info and mail it in for $75. I would be using his trust or lawyer..something like that. He said it was legit but I didn't go for it!

#3 ·
A bank trust is little more than what you would create using quicken or legal zoom and is deficient in protecting you against constructive possession and subsequent heirs. There is specific wording in the articles in trusts Mr. Buckley produces that protect you and your heirs. You may not understand the specifics but you (or me) didn't go to law school or study the NFA for years like Patrick has. Suck it up and pay the $250 Mr. Buckley charges and do it right.

I also had a guy at the range that was shooting a NFA weapon and also asked how I would go about it! He said I would use his original paperwork..he would whiteout where his info was and I would put my info and mail it in for $75. I would be using his trust or lawyer..something like that. He said it was legit but I didn't go for it!
It's not illegal for you but that individual providing the document would be in breach of contract with his attorney and would also be in violation of the attorneys copyrights to the original document. Again, don't do it, pay for your own trust with an attorney you hire to craft a proper document specific to your circumstances.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.