Florida Concealed Carry banner

CWP Timelines

460K views 2K replies 863 participants last post by  BeerHunter 
#1 · (Edited)
I thought it would be nice to have a thread specifically for CWP timelines. I didnt see anything else like this yet. No chat or post padding. Just timelines.

Please only post once in this thread. If you're permit has been received, list your completed timeline. If your permit is still being processed, list your timeline as it stands now and edit your original post as your process is updated. This will avoid having pieces of one person's timeline all over the thread.

Hopefully this will work as it would be nice to see the average time between steps of the process. It should also help people see if others who has submitted apps around their time have received their permits.

Mine:

Code:
Mailed              12/1/08
Received by DOA     12/3/08     Day 3
Check Deposited     1/8/09      Day 64
CWP received        3/12/09     Day 102

:popcorn

See less See more
#2 ·
I thought it would be nice to have a thread specifically for CWP timelines. I didnt see anything else like this yet. No chat or post padding. Just timelines.

Please only post once in this thread. If you're permit has been received, list your completed timeline. If your permit is still being processed, list your timeline as it stands now and edit your original post as your process is updated. This will avoid having pieces of one person's timeline all over the thread.

Hopefully this will work as it would be nice to see the average time between steps of the process.

eg:

mailbox
received
check/MO deposited
CWP received

:popcorn
don't know are you referring to something like this?

http://floridaconcealedcarry.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=101&highlight=wait+times

#3 ·
I've spent time in that thread but was actually hoping for just timelines. Something for pure reference and less conversation/speculation. When people say 53 days, I'm always curious whether it's mailbox to mailbox, after the check has cleared, or some other point. This would be very cut and dry. It would be nice to see if people who submitted apps in December have received permits, or those who submitted apps in February have had checks cleared. Things like that. If this falls into the realm of repost, I'll accept the axe. :D

#5 ·
sent mine in July got my license Oct 31st. Not sure how that is going to help people who have recently sent in their apps as the backlog continues to grow, but that is my timeline :drinks took right around the 90 day mark.

By the way, are you going to start by providing your timeline??

#11 · (Edited)
My wife and I applied at the same time.

Dudester -
Mailed: 1/31/2009
Received: 2/6/2009
Check Cashed: 3/13/2009
Issued: 5/8/2009
Received: 5/23/2009
Total: 113 days

Kitty -
Mailed: 1/31/2009
Received: 2/6/2009
Check Cashed: 3/13/2009
Issued: 5/12/2009
Received: 5/21/2009
Total: 111 days

It may be interesting to note that I called once a week on Friday for the last 2 weeks. the first time I was told that I was "sitting on the pile waiting for review". This past Friday I called once in the morning and was told "they haven't gotten to February's applications yet" and to call back in a couple of weeks. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they said one would call me back which never happened. so I called back later that day and was told the same thing. when I told them that I was previously told that I was "on the pile for review" they said that whoever told me that gave me the wrong information. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they said they would call back in 15 minutes which they never did. This was on the 8th though and apparently they did issue me at that time. So then Kitty calls today to check on both of our apps and speaks to Marion who says he WILL call back in 15 minutes and he did and told her that I had been issued on the 8th and she had been issued today the 12th.

So moral of story? What everyone here says is true. Hang in there and when you get to 90 day mark definitely ask to speak to a supervisor.

Mods: I know this post is for timelines and I wanted to put this info here for reference. If it is not appropriate feel free to edit the post.

Peace -Frank :)

This space reserved for updates.

#12 · (Edited)
my timeline

mailed application 12/08/2008
usps tracking says delivered 12/11/08
return receipt says 12/18/09
check cashed 01/21/09
DOA says date stamped on applicatin is 12/11/08
used standard prints
today is day 90 calling to speak with supervisor have not received license:thumbsdwn
update for DOA was advised 2 to 6 more weeks (also supervisor said they dont start the 90 day time untill they say the application is complete) mine is wainting for a processor to look at the application i am in the system

#15 · (Edited)
Mailed: 12/13/08
Check Cashed: 01/16/09
Problem #1: 3/11/09
Issued: 3/17/09
Printed: 3/20/09
Received: 4/1/09

The Journey begins

Called 3/11/09 day 89, Spoke with Supervisor, Problem with finger prints. They had my finger prints associated with someone else. The rest of the process has completed. Supervisor corrected this issue and License will be issued :clap

UPDATE 3/17/09: Called 3X today. Called asked for Supervisor that I have been working with specifically. Supervisor mentioned that the person she asked to correct my issue, never got around to doing it, but she will make sure its done after lunch. "FAIL"

Called back after waiting on the phone for 26 minutes got hung up on by CSR (bad connection, supposedly) "FAIL"

Called again waiting for only 10 minutes and spoke to CSR but expected to talk to the Supervisor until the CSR said, Your License has been issued today :clap "WIN"
Just waiting on the mail

UPDATE: Supervisor called me back to confirm license has been issued. 10-14 day wait before I would receive it.

UPDATE: 3/31/09: Day 109, 14 days after issue, still waiting on the mail.. I will call DoA tomorrow and see if it was mailed out

UPDATE: Called Back 4/1/09, Received License #,
UPDATE: Received License in the mail today

#25 · (Edited)
Mailed: March 12

UPDATE:
Mailed March 12, there was a problem with my prints. Received a letter on June 8. Re mailed on June 9th. Called to check status on August 4th. They gave me the run around so I asked to speak to a supervisor. Received a call today saying that my permit was issued today August 7th.

Ill update again when I receive it in the mail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.