Tampa Gun Show - Change in Plans
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tampa Gun Show - Change in Plans

Tampa Gun Show - Change in Plans

I regret to say that we may not be participating in the Tamps Gun show this weekend.

Sun Coast Gun Show has informed me that we are no longer welcome.

I've received two explanations:

1) We were selling pre-paid legal services. This is untrue. There was another vendor handing out material, but it wasn't my table. Somehow it was associated with us.

2) We were promoting our CCW class. This never happened. No sign-up sheet, no signs. I didn't even have my NRA Certified Instructor patch or logo anywhere.

I've sent Sun Coast Gun Show a three page letter explaining the situation, attesting that I've read and complied with all of their rules, and that I believe our participation was well received.

I hope they reconsider my participation.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused by those that wanted to meet at the Florida State Fairgrounds.

If they change their mind and allow us to participate, I'll post an update.

I understand they are getting some calls. If they are from FCC members, that is very kind of you.
    Last edited by Buckley; 02-28-2011 at 02:23 PM. Reason: new information
    Join me on
    Facebook: Patrick Buckley
    Twitter: Buckleyesq

www.buckleyesq.com

Florida - United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida - Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
    United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces - United States Supreme Court

THIS POST IS FOR THE DISCUSSION OF LEGAL ISSUES ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP IS INTENDED OR IMPLIED.

Sorry to hear that. I have been told that Suncoast is not the easiest to deal with. Hope you get things straightened out.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckley View Post
    I regret to say that we may not be participating in the Tamps Gun show this weekend.

Sun Coast Gun Show has informed me that we are no longer welcome.

I've received two explanations:

1) We were selling pre-paid legal services. This is untrue. There was another vendor handing out material, but it wasn't my table. Somehow it was associated with us.

2) We were promoting our CCW class. This never happened. No sign-up sheet, no signs. I didn't even have my NRA Certified Instructor patch or logo anywhere.

I've sent Sun Coast Gun Show a three page letter explaining the situation, attesting that I've read and complied with all of their rules, and that I believe our participation was well received.

I hope they reconsider my participation.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused by those that wanted to meet at the Florida State Fairgrounds.

If they change their mind and allow us to participate, I'll post an update.
    Patrick you had a table there? What is it that you sold? was it copies of your Book?
    NRA Life Member
    Florida Carry Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member milkmanjoe's Avatar
    Well that's that....if Buckley can't go I won't go.....
    Memorial Day is every day for me

I don't sleep, I wait

As a younger man I subscribed to quick witted philosophical wording, yet as I age I realize I knew nothing about that wording, wisdom truly comes from variations in one's life over periods of time, not from mirroring someone else's thoughts or words..

Quote Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
    Well that's that....if Buckley can't go I won't go.....
    Heck I would have gone just to get a chance to meet Buckley and any of the guys who showed up.
    NRA Life Member
    Florida Carry Member

Distinguished Member milkmanjoe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoDriver View Post
    Heck I would have gone just to get a chance to meet Buckley and any of the guys who showed up.
    Exactly...and even though I live in Boca I might be in the Tampa area next week...even if I am, won't bother with show if one of our own is "expelled"...and I hope more of us follow.
    Memorial Day is every day for me

I don't sleep, I wait

As a younger man I subscribed to quick witted philosophical wording, yet as I age I realize I knew nothing about that wording, wisdom truly comes from variations in one's life over periods of time, not from mirroring someone else's thoughts or words..

Had Plans to go too, Not anymore..

Wow! I certainly wasn't expecting that kind of response. Heather is going to call this afternoon, and I'll post the results.

The book isn't done yet, but it is well on its way.

We're selling flashlights and OC spray, handing out tons of free literature, and answering every question possible. I really thought the gun show would see that as an advantage. I can answer questions some instructors can't.

I appreciate the support here, maybe the gun show will get the point.

I understand they are getting some calls. If they are from FCC members, that is very kind of you.
    Last edited by Buckley; 02-28-2011 at 02:38 PM. Reason: update.
    Join me on
    Facebook: Patrick Buckley
    Twitter: Buckleyesq

www.buckleyesq.com

Florida - United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida - Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
    United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces - United States Supreme Court

THIS POST IS FOR THE DISCUSSION OF LEGAL ISSUES ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP IS INTENDED OR IMPLIED.

We should all start sending emails to the show organizers. I think they'd get the point...

Subscribing to the thread waiting to hear how this works out. Hopefully it does and you're able to be there. If so it would be nice to swing by and shake hands with a few folks from here.

Sposors