Deal Reached on $2T Coronavirus Stimulus Package

Thread: Deal Reached on $2T Coronavirus Stimulus Package

Distinguished Member High Seas Drifter's Avatar

Thumbs up Deal Reached on $2T Coronavirus Stimulus Package

White House, Senate reach late-night deal on $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus package

White House and Senate leaders reached a historic deal shortly after midnight Wednesday on a massive $2 trillion coronavirus relief package for workers and businesses, although support in the House of Representatives remained uncertain as one member openly criticized the plan.

The bipartisan breakthrough in the Senate capped days of heated negotiations that had nearly been derailed by last-minute demands from House Democrats.

“Ladies and gentleman, we are done," White House legislative affairs director Eric Ueland announced as he left the office of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., near midnight. "We have a deal."

"Much of the work on bill text has been completed and I’m hopeful over the next few hours we’ll finish what's left and we will circulate it early in the morning," Ueland told reporters.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/deal-reac...ine-fauci-says
    • "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

-BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

Distinguished Member
    What a shame we have to pass the bill to find out what's in it. I don't expect Pelosi will sign onto any bill that she doesn't make so toxic it will cause even the most bipartisan congress critters to balk at it. Already the House version has proposed unlimited vote harvesting by third parties... meaning that if you forgot to mail in your early ballot, these freelancers can simply collect it from you and hand walk it to the elections office. Gee, what could possibly go wrong there?
    A man with two watches never really knows what time it is.
    M. Twain

I think the feminists probably need some serious man in their lives.
    Delores O'Riodan

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

It looks like pelosi caved on this one:
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pel...ronavirus-bill
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War: He will win who has military Capacity and is not interfered with by the sovereign.

Member: COTEP 772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

I know that nobody gives a damn about the Constitution anymore, but the "origination clause" of the Constitution (Article 1, Section 7, Clause 1) requires that all spending bills MUST originate in the House of Representatives. This is bass ackwards.
    Last edited by BrianB; 03-25-2020 at 11:10 AM.
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, HFS, PPITH, PPOTH) and Chief Range Safety Officer
    Florida Carry Life Member, SAF Life Member, NRA Endowment Life Member
    Front Sight Distinguished Graduate, Defensive Handgun, Glock 35 and Glock 23
    FFL Type 7, Class 2 SOT (Licensed NFA Firearms Manufacturer)

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    I know that nobody gives a damn about the Constitution anymore, but the "origination clause" of the Constitution (Article 1, Section 7, Clause 1) requires that all spending bills MUST originate in the House of Representatives. This is bass ackwards.
    Uh, Brian, what makes you think the current crop of politicians give a hoot about the Constitution.
    I have often wondered how many have ever read it since possibly being exposed to it in High School..
    Mr. Ed < of course^2>
    NRA Life Member
    Florida Carry Member
    SAF & CCRKBA Member

Distinguished Member 7.62Kolectr's Avatar
    I saw it live last night right after 2. McConnell read a small statement on the floor and so did Schumer.
    Schumer was pumping his hands in the air and had the nerve to saw ‘it was Democrats who fought for the average American to get it done.’ But once he did that I knew Pelosi would have no way to say no, Schumer is her boss pretty much. He probably told her to STFU.
    Whatever and whoever I still don’t see an end to this yet.
    ¥ The origin of your right to keep and bear arms ¥
    http://constitution.org/lrev/rkba_wayment.htm
    COTEP#782

Sposors