Homeowner Doesn’t Back Down From Bully Cops - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Homeowner Doesn’t Back Down From Bully Cops

Quote Originally Posted by High Seas Drifter View Post
    To play devil's advocate, why is it stupid to engage in a legal activity because someone else doesn't like or understand it?

Let's flip the script and say you're in your backyard, shooting the BB gun with your kid, and some dudes in costumes come up to you with their own guns drawn, yelling at you?

Are some of y'all just saying suck it up, buttercup? Screw what's right and wrong? I'm genuinely curious.

-on Tapatalk
    Stick to the script, they weren't dudes in costumes, they were dressed in law enforcement uniforms.
    The mind is the limiting factor

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking..

Stay Sharp

Brownie

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    Stick to the script, they weren't dudes in costumes, they were dressed in law enforcement uniforms.
    And, likely arrived in a marked cruiser.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

. . . Or even worse, my wife is the one shooting and having guns drawn on her illegally, whilst I'm inside, in direct possession of a modern sporting rifle.

What then?

Hope the folks committing an illegal act against my wife, on my own property, putting both her life and that of my child's in immediate danger of death and/or great bodily harm, are properly trained, have good trigger discipline, and realize they made a mistake?

-on Tapatalk
    BUT, they drew legally, not illegally. I don't/didn't like being drawn by 7 Boston line officers after being face planted either. HOWEVER, the smart move was to not holler at them nor defy their orders at gun point.

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking..

Stay Sharp

Brownie

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Think about it in the context of defending your home and family against a no-knock warrant where the agency responded to the wrong address, if that helps one understand the scenario I'm describing.

-on Tapatalk
    Apples and oranges. A perceived "home invasion" in the middle of the night is quite different than seeing a cruiser drive up and two uniformed officers come out in broad daylight.
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Quote Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
    And, likely arrived in a marked cruiser.
    Likely? You can see the cruisers in the video

Stay Sharp

Brownie

Likely? You can see the cruisers in the video
    Yes... I was being facetious by being obvious.
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Distinguished Member High Seas Drifter's Avatar
    I originally used the example of a BB gun.

The context is one who is engaged in a legal activity.

Last I checked, doesn't matter what your job is, you can't draw down on someone doing something legal. Pretty sure that's why Florida Carry wins lawsuits. Section 1983.

-on Tapatalk
    • "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
    Hmmm... that's not evident in the video. But, I agree the video sucks.

THAT said (and if true), the friend of the dude yelling, "holster your ****ing weapon" is STILL a douche and unnecessarily escalating the tension of the situation. What cop, in his right mind, would follow the order by a citizen to "RE-HOLSTER YOUR ****ING WEAPON???" Yeah.. I sure wouldn't! LOL! All the more reason to keep the gun at "low ready" in the very LEAST! An agitated subject ORDERING me to re-holster? I. Don't. Think. So.

In reality, the police have no reason to believe the two subjects are unarmed as YOU assume. If they have one weapon (that's now on the ground), they very well might have others. And, if the subjects are visibly agitated, all the more reason for caution by the officers.

As I said in my other comment... if I was in that position, I'd calmly put my firearm down, raise my hands and SMILE while saying, "Afternoon, sirs. I understand your concern. I can assure you all is well here. Just tell me what you'd like me to do next." I guarantee you I could have EASILY DE-escalated the situation and eventually had a nice conversation with the officers about our favorite guns. THEN the officers would have likely reholstered NATURALLY, as the situation and tension is de-escalated.

Yes... it's "wrong" that they assumed I'm up to "no good" with a gun. But, again... there's a saying, "Pick your battles."
    I like the way you think. Deescalate at every opportunity, especially when leo/s' are pointed in on you with firearms. They were both idiots and escalated far too much which could have gone south for them in a blink of an eye. One furtive stupid move, if I was one of the leo's, after listening to the ranting idiots, they could have easily been fired on

Stay Sharp

Brownie

I like the way you think. Deescalate at every opportunity, especially when leo/s' are pointed in on you with firearms. They were both idiots and escalated far too much which could have gone south for them in a blink of an eye. One furtive stupid move, if I was one of the leo's, after listening to the ranting idiots, they could have easily been fired on
    Yep. Really, REALLY stupid. I can't get onboard with stupidity, even when they think they're making a virtuous point.

Nope. Stupid is as stupid does.
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

I originally used the example of a BB gun.

The context is one who is engaged in a legal activity.

Last I checked, doesn't matter what your job is, you can't draw down on someone doing something legal. Pretty sure that's why Florida Carry wins lawsuits. Section 1983.

-on Tapatalk
    Citation, please.
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Sposors