AlienGear ShapeShift Modular Holster
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: AlienGear ShapeShift Modular Holster

  1. #1
    Member Buzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Parkland, FL
    Posts
    34

    AlienGear ShapeShift Modular Holster

    Has anyone had any good experiences with the AlienGear ShapeShift Modular holster? I want to buy this holster for my Beretta 92G Elite LTT but I have no clue how good this company and these holsters are. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
    NRA Member 2020
    Beretta Enthusiast

  2. #2
    Super Moderator BeerHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    PBC
    Posts
    25,721
    IMHO, unless one is one a large body type, the Beretta 92 is a quite large for a concealed carry EDC pistol. YMMV!
    -BH

    Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

    “The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

    "Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell


    "The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

  3. #3
    Distinguished Member High Seas Drifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Beach
    Posts
    9,825
    I use their 3.0 and 3.5 for four different guns.

    Not sure about the shape shift. I prefer a dedicated master as opposed to a jack of all trades. They say it isn't bigger, but it's damn sure heavier.

    And yeah, sweet gun, but, you gotta ask yourself one question. "Do I feel lucky?" Well? Do ya . . .

    Yeah, know it's not the same, but it's big!

    -on Tapatalk
    • "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

  4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Distinguished Member Rick McC.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Weeki Wachee, Fl.
    Posts
    7,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzie View Post
    Has anyone had any good experiences with the AlienGear ShapeShift Modular holster? I want to buy this holster for my Beretta 92G Elite LTT but I have no clue how good this company and these holsters are. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
    If you want to carry it; carry it.

    I carry Commander sized 1911s often, and Government Model sized ones pretty often. A good gun belt and good holster actually have more to do with carrying comfortably than pistol size does. That said, Alien Gear isn’t a brand that holds any interest for me. Not to put them down any more than other brands; there’s just a pretty short list of holster brands that I care for.

    Kydex: Panther Concealment

    Leather: Warbird Leather, Brommeland Gunleather, Mitch Rosen Extraordinary Gunleather, Wilson Combat.

    There are several other custom leather holster makers that members here are very pleased with, I just don’t have personal experience with many of them.
    Last edited by Rick McC.; 03-24-2020 at 09:14 PM.
    Rick

    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

    http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

    IDPA Certified Safety Officer

  6. #5
    Distinguished Member racer88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10,342
    A lot of people like Alien Gear. From what I hear, they're a good company.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

    "Dances with guns."

  7. #6
    Distinguished Member High Seas Drifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Beach
    Posts
    9,825
    Quote Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
    A lot of people like Alien Gear. From what I hear, they're a good company.
    Leaving the product out of it and only judging their business model and how they operate, they're top notch.

    -on Tapatalk
    • "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

  8. #7
    Super Moderator BeerHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    PBC
    Posts
    25,721
    Quote Originally Posted by High Seas Drifter View Post
    Leaving the product out of it and only judging their business model and how they operate, they're top notch.

    -on Tapatalk
    I certainly agree with that.
    -BH

    Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

    “The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

    "Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell


    "The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

  9. #8
    Distinguished Member flphotog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    1,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McC. View Post
    If you want to carry it; carry it.

    I carry Commander sized 1911s often, and Government Model sized ones pretty often. A good gun belt and good holster actually have more to do with carrying comfortably than pistol size does. That said, Alien Gear isn’t a brand that holds any interest for me. Not to put them down any more than other brands; there’s just a pretty short list of holster brands that I care for.

    Kydex: Panther Concealment

    Leather: Warbird Leather, Brommeland Gunleather, Mitch Rosen Extraordinary Gunleather, Wilson Combat.

    There are several other custom leather holster makers that members here are very pleased with, I just don’t have personal experience with many of them.
    I agree Rick, but I'd add Little Bear Custom Holsters to your leather list
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War: He will win who has military Capacity and is not interfered with by the sovereign.

    Member: COTEP 772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

  10. #9
    Member Buzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Parkland, FL
    Posts
    34
    Thanks for the feedback, most of the good holster companies are custom holster companies and it will take a few weeks to produce. I'll keep looking, I am going try Little Bear and the ones that RickMcC. mentioned, I might lucky and find one that I like.
    NRA Member 2020
    Beretta Enthusiast

  11. #10
    Distinguished Member racer88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzie View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, most of the good holster companies are custom holster companies and it will take a few weeks to produce. I'll keep looking, I am going try Little Bear and the ones that RickMcC. mentioned, I might lucky and find one that I like.
    Any custom holster is going to be a long wait, I think.

    I've bought many ready-to-go holsters that work great. To be clear... I'm not talking about "universal" holsters. They're made / molded to fit a specific gun. I don't think you can go wrong with: Crossbreed, White Hat Holsters, or Alien Gear. There are others as good... too many to list. I'd get a ready-to-go holster for now, at least. Then you can shop around (and WAIT) for a custom holster, if you want one.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

    "Dances with guns."

Sposors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •