FL DOACS Stops Issuing Concealed Weapons Licenses amid Coronavirus Panic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FL DOACS Stops Issuing Concealed Weapons Licenses amid Coronavirus Panic

Exclamation FL DOACS Stops Issuing Concealed Weapons Licenses amid Coronavirus Panic

Florida Carry does great work exposing this kind of stuff!

https://www.gunpowdermagazine.com/fl...navirus-panic/

This is why we need constitutional carry, I shouldn't need a permission card/license to carry.

Another BS subject line from our favorite Dudley-fluffer. Neither the headline on the article, nor anything in it, says that it is the Governor doing this. In fact, the Governor is only mentioned once in the article, in an aside that is completely unrelated to concealed weapons licenses.

Again, I have to wonder why someone would deliberately make themselves look stupid by posting these lies?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

From FDAC website - https://www.fdacs.gov/News-Events/Pr...uring-COVID-19

Mar 20, 2020
    Tallahassee, Fla. – To minimize exposure to COVID-19 and help protect visitors and employees, the Governor has recommended state offices be temporarily closed to the public from Thursday, March 19th through Sunday, April 19th. As a result, FDACS Division of Licensing regional office personnel will not be available to fingerprint license applicants.

Local law enforcement agencies and tax collector offices across Florida have likewise begun to temporarily suspend fingerprinting services. Therefore, first-time concealed weapons license (CWL) applicants will be unable to obtain electronic or hard card fingerprinting services from any of the means authorized by section 790.06(5)(c), Florida Statutes. As a reminder, fingerprints submitted from any source other than official law enforcement, tax collector offices, or FDACS Division of Licensing offices cannot be accepted under 790.06(5)(c), Florida Statutes.

To prevent unnecessary financial burdens and frustration to CWL applicants who would be unable to be approved due to the unavailability of fingerprinting services, acceptance of online or in-person initial CWL applications beginning Monday, March 23, 2020 will be delayed. Per Commissioner Nikki Fried’s emergency order 2020-004, expiring concealed weapons licenses and security officer licenses will be automatically extended an additional thirty (30) days at this time.

Renewals/Security Officers: The Division of Licensing will continue accepting online and mailed CWL renewal applications and all Chapter 493 security officer applications as usual.

If applicants have questions, they may contact the FDACS Division of Licensing at (850) 245-5691 or [email protected]. Division of Licensing personnel will remain available to answer questions by telephone or email.
    Additionally (Link);
    Emergency Order 2020-004 will help concealed weapon licensees and Chapter 493 licensees by suspending renewal application late fees, providing additional time (30 days) to renew licenses set to expire, providing armed security officers additional time to submit proof of annual requalification, and allowing unarmed security officer training to be conducted by live video conferencing.
    Last edited by frgood; 03-24-2020 at 02:41 PM.
    "The Rights of the individual are subject neither to the democratic process nor to arguments grounded in social utility."

Quote Originally Posted by Denverd0n View Post
    Another BS subject line from our favorite Dudley-fluffer. Neither the headline on the article, nor anything in it, says that it is the Governor doing this. In fact, the Governor is only mentioned once in the article, in an aside that is completely unrelated to concealed weapons licenses.

Again, I have to wonder why someone would deliberately make themselves look stupid by posting these lies?
    Playing chess with a paint-chip eating, window licking pigeon my friend...
    To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”

https://www.thethreepercenters.org/

Giving the OP the benefit of the doubt (difficult as that is), it's possible that he intended "Gov" in the thread title to mean "government" vice Gov. DeSantis. Regardless, I've modified the thread title to reflect the agency responsible for the reported situation.
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by BeerHunter View Post
    Giving the OP the benefit of the doubt (difficult as that is), it's possible that he intended "Gov" in the thread title to mean "government" vice Gov. DeSantis. Regardless, I've modified the thread title to reflect the agency responsible for the reported situation.
    You, dear friend, do far more work than you get credit for.

I don't care what the other's have said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BeerHunter View Post

"The Rights of the individual are subject neither to the democratic process nor to arguments grounded in social utility."

Quote Originally Posted by frgood View Post

- - - Updated - - -

The man is so nice, he said it twice.

To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”

https://www.thethreepercenters.org/

Quote Originally Posted by frgood View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Someone's got to keep things civilized
    NRA Member
    Florida Carry Member

" Common sense is not common "

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Denverd0n View Post

Gov was short for "government" If I meant the Governor I would have instead written "DeSantis"

Sposors