Take Out vs Grocery Store
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Take Out vs Grocery Store

Distinguished Member High Seas Drifter's Avatar

Take Out vs Grocery Store

Just wondering who thinks which is the safer option—getting take out from a closed-inside restaurant or grocery shopping?

-on Tapatalk
    • "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

Distinguished Member
    I’m told you wipe down the containers, wash your hands and eat away. Stomach acid kills the stuff. Same applies to groceries and take out.

Chick Filet is rocking and rolling in a respectable military manner. Attendants with gloves taking orders, long lines and amazing efficiency.

Distinguished Member LittleGator's Avatar
    ^^ We've taken out from our closest Chick Fil A several times in the last week. They even have set it up so you process your own payment (no need for someone else to handle your credit card). My wife is impressed.
    NRA member
    NRA - RSO
    COTEP #750

"The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. " -Dr. Adrian Pierce Rogers

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Problem with Take-Out is cooks can be sick and if no N95's then they can breathe on your food.
    Forget about hocking a luggie on it if you have been an A-hole!!!!
    "KEEP ON PACKIN' ON THE BIMAH"

U.S.A.F. 1966-1971 (1825-H) O-3

Life Member V V A

N.R.A. Certified R.S.O.

MAKE AMERICA AMERICAN AGAIN

Distinguished Member
    To lighten the mood, I remember the military efficiency when we were being issued uniforms in basic. I have enormous super wide feet. As we travelled down the line with great military efficiency I came to the part where they issued you combat boots. The buck sergeant in charge looked at my feet and yelled out “holy crap, look at the duck feet on this guy“ he asked me in a very loud embarrassing voice if my toes were webbed. I asked him if I should drop out and try to become a seal, he didn’t think that was very funny and told me to STFU. My boots had to be custom-made through orthotics at the army hospital at Fort Knox. Until they were ready I was able to wear tennis shoes.
    Last edited by Shark1007; 03-23-2020 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark1007 View Post
    To lighten the mood, I remember the military efficiency when we were being issued uniforms in basic. I have enormous super wide feet. As we travelled down the line with great military efficiency I came to the part where they issued you come back boots. The buck sergeant in charge looked at my feet and yelled out “holy crap, look at the duck feet on this guy“ he asked me in a very loud embarrassing voice if my toes were webbed. I asked him if I should drop out and try to become a seal, he didn’t think that was very funny and told me to STFU. My boots had to be custom-made through orthotics at the army hospital at Fort Knox. Until they were ready I was able to wear tennis shoes.
    BOOTS?????? You got issued boots?????
    "KEEP ON PACKIN' ON THE BIMAH"

U.S.A.F. 1966-1971 (1825-H) O-3

Life Member V V A

N.R.A. Certified R.S.O.

MAKE AMERICA AMERICAN AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Shark1007 View Post
    To lighten the mood, I remember the military efficiency when we were being issued uniforms in basic. I have enormous super wide feet. As we travelled down the line with great military efficiency I came to the part where they issued you come back boots. The buck sergeant in charge looked at my feet and yelled out “holy crap, look at the duck feet on this guy“ he asked me in a very loud embarrassing voice if my toes were webbed. I asked him if I should drop out and try to become a seal, he didn’t think that was very funny and told me to STFU. My boots had to be custom-made through orthotics at the army hospital at Fort Knox. Until they were ready I was able to wear tennis shoes.
    That’s a great story!

I had Basic and AIT at Fort Knox most of a lifetime ago.
    Rick

"Sights are for the unenlightened."

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Distinguished Member
    Rick

Years back I had depositions in the area and came back, toured the Patton museum and watched my old WWII barracks being bulldozed. Emotional day. I was a hold over after basic cuz I disarmed a SFC CQ one night, he was drunk and pulled and racked a 1911 on a private over an argument whether Fl or Kentucky had bigger Bass, had to wait for his court martial before AIT at Gordon. Did a lot of push ups.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by High Seas Drifter View Post
    Just wondering who thinks which is the safer option—getting take out from a closed-inside restaurant or grocery shopping?

-on Tapatalk
    For Coronavirus, I'd have to say "take-out" wins.
    People spend more time in supermarkets, and so the total duration of exposure probably works against you.

Big caveat: If the take-out place is Chinese and serving up "Pangolins-on-a-stick", you might better stick with the supermarket.

I'm sticking with Grocery shopping, as long as the store can stay stocked (questionable, right now), and as long as I'm allowed outside to do so.

I visited my Wally World, this past Sunday, Much of the standard "Protection" items (Iso-propyl Alcohol, wipes, hand sanitizer, etc.) are still unavailable, along with various "survival" food items (Ramen noodles, etc.). But I got many things I needed to stock on. Upon arrival, there were stations at each door with sanitizer and paper towels, so we could wipe down the shopping cart handles, etc.

If I can do that, I'm still good.

So far, I dont' think FL is under a full "Statewide" shelter-in-place order, yet, right?

Sposors