About tired of the mask shaming . . .
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: About tired of the mask shaming . . .

Distinguished Member High Seas Drifter's Avatar

About tired of the mask shaming . . .

Like the title says, I'm tired of hearing folks complaining about "regular folk" using masks because there "could be" a shortage for medical workers. Dr. Oz was the most recent, but I've even seen editorials in the paper stating the same.

So, let me get this straight . . . THEY don't know if I will need mine or not, so I should give mine away to the other folks who don't know if they'll need them or not. That way, if I do need them, I will have to rely on someone else to provide them.

Ummm, no. I already relied on someone else to provide them. And then I bought them from that someone else (business).

Preppers don't look so crazy now. STFU, talking heads.

/rant

-on Tapatalk
    • "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

I can live without a mask but it is TOILET PAPER that will be a problem for me.

Ronnie
    N.R.A. - FLORIDA CARRY - D.A.V. - American Legion - M.C.A.--- U.S. Army disabled Veteran, GOA
    If you are not a member of the N.R.A. - It is time to join - Turn 5 million members into 15 or 20 million members
    If your not a member of FLORIDA CARRY it is time to join.

An armed population conststs of CITIZENS"
    AN UN-ARMED POPULATION CONSTSTS OF "SUBJECTS

The reason for NOT wearing a mask has nothing to do with a shortage.

The main reason against people wearing them while out and about is because it won't work. It won't protect you. Even if worn properly, it's not doing anything for you while out and about at the store or walking the dog. PERIOD. That's a fact.

What's amusing is seeing all the people wearing them IMPROPERLY.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

My thought is that I'm my family's first responder. As such, I have medical kits, protective gear, MREs, stored water as well as purification options, defensive capabilities, and sustainability options. Nothing crazy, but what I consider to be necessary for a responsible Floridian living on the coast.

I don't know which of my supplies that I will need, but I know I chose my supplies with purpose. I also have a larger facility in a state farther north which has all that I've mentioned and more . . . on steroids. My priority after local friends and family is contributing to that should the need arise to utilize the option.

I just find it laughable that "sit at home and give away your supplies because the government will help you" is what's being parroted has official medical—or otherwise—advice. SMH

-on Tapatalk
    • "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by High Seas Drifter View Post
    My thought is that I'm my family's first responder. As such, I have medical kits, protective gear, MREs, stored water as well as purification options, defensive capabilities, and sustainability options. Nothing crazy, but what I consider to be necessary for a responsible Floridian living on the coast.

I just find it laughable that "sit at home and give away your supplies because the government will help you" is what's being parroted has official medical—or otherwise—advice. SMH

-on Tapatalk
    Totally agree with you there. Don't give away $hit.

The most likely way to catch this virus is by contacting contaminated surfaces. Unless someone sneezes in your face, a mask isn't going to help you. The ONLY reason to wear a mask while you're "out and about" is PSYCHOLOGICAL.

But, as I watch the news videos of people wearing masks, I'd say that 95% of them are wearing them improperly, and they might as well not be wearing one at all. Never minding they aren't of any benefit while out and about, even if you wear them properly.
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Quote Originally Posted by High Seas Drifter View Post
    I just find it laughable that "sit at home and give away your supplies because the government will help you" is what's being parroted has official medical—or otherwise—advice.
    I think that's a bit of an over-statement. I certainly haven't heard anyone say anything like that. What I have heard is that there is no need to start hoarding masks, because they don't really do what most of those who are wearing them THINK that they do. As racer said, for most people they are completely useless.

So, if I didn't already have some, I would not go out looking for them.

On the other hand, I have rather severe allergies, so I always keep a few on hand. I use them when I have to work in the yard during the worst of the allergy season. I'm sure the people who saw me out mowing the yard this weekend, wearing a mask, thought I was doing it because of COVID-19. Nope. Not the reason at all, as I know perfectly well that -- in that situation -- a mask would be completely useless against the virus.

If you typically stock them, fine. I can see that. I do, but for other reasons. If you are trying to maintain a comprehensive "first responder" (as opposed to just "first-aid") kit then it makes sense to have a few masks in there. Like I said, though, if I didn't already have some I would not bother trying to get some now, just for the Wuhan Flu.

If this goes on much longer, there will be a problem of home invading to get stuff you have that others do not have.
    Food & Water, are going to get short and the ones that need it won't hesitate to try to take it from you.
    Ronnie
    N.R.A. - FLORIDA CARRY - D.A.V. - American Legion - M.C.A.--- U.S. Army disabled Veteran, GOA
    If you are not a member of the N.R.A. - It is time to join - Turn 5 million members into 15 or 20 million members
    If your not a member of FLORIDA CARRY it is time to join.

An armed population conststs of CITIZENS"
    AN UN-ARMED POPULATION CONSTSTS OF "SUBJECTS

Quote Originally Posted by Denverd0n View Post
    I think that's a bit of an over-statement. I certainly haven't heard anyone say anything like that. What I have heard is that there is no need to start hoarding masks, because they don't really do what most of those who are wearing them THINK that they do. As racer said, for most people they are completely useless.

So, if I didn't already have some, I would not go out looking for them.

On the other hand, I have rather severe allergies, so I always keep a few on hand. I use them when I have to work in the yard during the worst of the allergy season. I'm sure the people who saw me out mowing the yard this weekend, wearing a mask, thought I was doing it because of COVID-19. Nope. Not the reason at all, as I know perfectly well that -- in that situation -- a mask would be completely useless against the virus.

If you typically stock them, fine. I can see that. I do, but for other reasons. If you are trying to maintain a comprehensive "first responder" (as opposed to just "first-aid") kit then it makes sense to have a few masks in there. Like I said, though, if I didn't already have some I would not bother trying to get some now, just for the Wuhan Flu.
    The governor of Colorado issued an order that all veterinary and dental offices submit an INVENTORY of their PPE (personal protective equipment), so that the state could take if if they need it. No $hit. I looked it up.

Yeah... violates the 4th, 5th, and 14th Amendments.

IF I was to submit such an "inventory" (I wouldn't), it would go like this:

Masks: ***k you.

Gloves: Go ***k yourself.

Gowns: Eat $hit and die.

NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Quote Originally Posted by Denverd0n View Post
    I think that's a bit of an over-statement. I certainly haven't heard anyone say anything like that.
    I just heard Oz say something to the effect of if you're not in the medical field, don't wear your masks—donate them.

Quote Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
    The governor of Colorado issued an order that all veterinary and dental offices submit an INVENTORY of their PPE (personal protective equipment), so that the state could take if if they need it. No $hit. I looked it up.

Yeah... violates the 4th, 5th, and 14th Amendments.

IF I was to submit such an "inventory" (I wouldn't), it would go like this:

Masks: ***k you.

Gloves: Go ***k yourself.

Gowns: Eat $hit and die.

And a Target store somewhere just faced a backlash for offering masks for sale. So, they claimed it was an error, yanked them, and donated them. Like I said, mask shaming, LOL.

I'm not OK with private businesses being mandated to give away their supplies. Much less individuals.

-on Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
    The governor of Colorado issued an order that all veterinary and dental offices submit an INVENTORY of their PPE (personal protective equipment), so that the state could take if if they need it.
    The governor of Colorado is a moron. A Democratic moron -- is that a redundant statement?

I do wonder how my ultra-liberal brother-in-law -- who happens to be a dentist in Colorado, and who ALWAYS votes Democrat -- feels now about this guy that he voted into office.

Sposors