How bout a non-argumentative thread, what’s everyone doing? - Page 5
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: How bout a non-argumentative thread, what’s everyone doing?

Distinguished Member
    Nice work, BB! Nasty looking job to have to do but that finished deck looks great.

Forgot to put a pic in my last post. Kitchen floor. This is about 1/6 the total area completed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3079.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	66315
    A man with two watches never really knows what time it is.
    M. Twain

I think the feminists probably need some serious man in their lives.
    Delores O'Riodan

Look's great, I just finished my kitchen remodel. I don't know if it's just me but it looks better if you do it yourself.
    Florida CWFL Member NRA

Distinguished Member
    Oh it definitely does. It takes a lot of hard work to put any defects or bad spots exactly where they needed to go.
    A man with two watches never really knows what time it is.
    M. Twain

I think the feminists probably need some serious man in their lives.
    Delores O'Riodan

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

I haven’t been on here in several days so must have missed the arguing. 77 posts to catch up on!

I’ve been absolutely slammed at work. We’re working 7 days a week 12 hour shifts. We’ve been bringing about 100 container loads a day into the Tampa Bay Area, which is probably 30-40% more than normal this time of year. We were short staffed to begin with so we’re all beat. Gotta keep the supplies coming in though! We’ve seen a huge increase in medical supplies and “household goods” going to various distribution centers like Walmart, target etc.

We ran out of any type of cleaning stuff days ago. We’re running around the clock with one guy getting out of equipment and another getting in with nothing to wipe it down with in between. My wife stood in line several hours for Walmart to open a few days ago to get me some Clorox wipes and did get a 35 count but that lasted about a day.

It’s rough out here on the frontlines of the supply chain war. We’re beat, dirty, and trying to make it through. I’m here now. If I make it until about 11 or so this morning, I’ll actually get a couple days off for the first time in a couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member High Seas Drifter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl 007 View Post
    don't know if it's just me but it looks better if you do it yourself.
    My toolkit consists of a phone and the yellow pages.

I pay professionals for their professional service.

I command the same in my profession.

Jack of all trades, I am not. Master of one, I am.

-on Tapatalk
    • "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

So far still working.....our physical therapy clinic is still open, Cleveland Clinic....but our cancellations are increasing......this will get worse up here and probably within a couple weeks we will have partial to full closings......paid off a big chunk of my house before the market took a big dump so im 2 payments away from that burden.....going shooting today outdoor range, golf tomorrow and some bike rides down the beach...........then a full day monday......the schedule looks good for next week....we are wiping down everything patients touch..........
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." ---George Orwell
    NRA certified pistol & RSO
    NRA Life member

Distinguished Member
    Woodsy, on behalf of a grateful consumer, thank you for your service. We all have no idea generally what each other does.

Distinguished Member
    That floor looks great. I have all the boxes of flooring and a kit to alter the stairs. The stairs have a landing and right turn, we bought a kit to run them straight down then redo flooring. Plenty to do here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark1007 View Post
    Woodsy, on behalf of a grateful consumer, thank you for your service. We all have no idea generally what each other does.
    I’ll second that!
    Rick

"Sights are for the unenlightened."

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Distinguished Member
    Been stringing the concertina wire around the place, working to get my generator set up to electrify it. Bought 100 lbs of ball bearings for my homemade Claymores. Really need to sharpen lots more punji stakes and coat tips with rancid dog scat and install in my pits. Also, need to freshen up the grass mats over the pits. Anyone know of a good shade of green paint to match St. Augustine grass? Anyone got a good source for set guns? I need about a dozen, 12 gauge preferred.

Later, I went out to my storage building to check my inventory. Only have 247 cases of tp, made a note to buy 53 more. My supply of hand sanitizer is ok though, I’ve got 75 gallons, plus enough alcohol and aloe vera gel to make another 73 gallons. My freezer inventory came up a little short, I still need another 120 lbs. of beef, 67 pounds of pork and 43 lbs. of chicken, then I’ll have enough for me and Mrs. Dent to last 18 months. I put in an order with Sams Club and it will be available next Wednesday to pick up. I’ll take the uparmored humvee I bought last fall to pick it up.

Nothin’ like being well prepared!
    Last edited by ArthurDent; 03-21-2020 at 06:58 PM.
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free." A. E. van Vogt

Sposors