Anti-Gun People Now Want Guns, And They’re Surprised They Can’t Buy Them Online And H - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Gun People Now Want Guns, And They’re Surprised They Can’t Buy Them Online And H

Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd View Post
    At least some will come to realize that the BS spouted by the anti-2A organizations and politicians is exactly that.... BS.

Perhaps some will even be brave enough to cross the threshold of a scary gun store and learn the legal process to acquire a firearm.

One can only hope.

As an aside, a friends anti-gun wife (not rabidly so, but still anti-gun) called me and asked if I'd lend her husband one of my guns. He's fine with guns, grew up with them in NH.

I told her after I took her to the range, instructed her on safety, and let her shoot I would decide.
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, HFS, PPITH, PPOTH) and Chief Range Safety Officer
    Florida Carry Life Member, SAF Life Member, NRA Endowment Life Member
    Front Sight Distinguished Graduate, Defensive Handgun, Glock 35 and Glock 23
    FFL Type 7, Class 2 SOT (Licensed NFA Firearms Manufacturer)

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
    No there won't. Americans are fickle and have short attention spans. The antis will be right back to their denying selves very soon, after the hysteria passes. They will soon forget their fear, especially if no real harm comes to them during the panic.

"See? I didn't really need a gun, and neither do you. I over-reacted. I panicked. It's a good thing I couldn't get a gun."

And, now back to our regularly-scheduled program of subverting your Constitutional Rights in order to gain control over the muggles.
    Unfortunately, Racer is probably correct here.
    It's going to take (a lot) more than a nationwide crisis, mass-panic in the streets, and a tanking of the economy to move the likes of Bloomberg, Mom's Demand, and Everytown off their pedestals.
    In short: Irrationality (and stupidity) knows no limits.

Hey,
    If there were NO guns,
    There would be NO crimes.
    There would be no Corona virus.
    The country would be much safer from anything bad.
    You would not need a gun to protect your toilet paper from home invaders and thieves because they would not have a gun either.
    We all would be much safer

Ronnie
    N.R.A. - FLORIDA CARRY - D.A.V. - American Legion - M.C.A.--- U.S. Army disabled Veteran, GOA
    If you are not a member of the N.R.A. - It is time to join - Turn 5 million members into 15 or 20 million members
    If your not a member of FLORIDA CARRY it is time to join.

An armed population conststs of CITIZENS"
    AN UN-ARMED POPULATION CONSTSTS OF "SUBJECTS

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member High Seas Drifter's Avatar
    I'm actually OK living in a world without guns. But that's no guns, period. None exist. No LE, no military, no planes, no tanks . . . No guns. Like the Bronze Age and such. If that were the case, no problem with not having guns. I'd be a badazz swordsman, posting on the same forum (FCC), just discussing a different carry piece.

But, since the bad guys aren't armed with swords (usually), I learned the way of the gun. I like weaponry, defense and tactics. As such, I learn what is most relevant. In our society, that happens to be the handgun. But the handgun is only a small piece of the entire modern puzzle.

-on Tapatalk
    • "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

Distinguished Member
    After almost 70 years I’ve realized it’s conceivable that I don’t know everything. I’m optimistic as I have dealt with and trained some pretty liberal folks recently who have confessed they now understand the need to protect their family makes them their own first responder. A subtle change has occurred with them. They are voters, influential in their community and that is progress, that is helpful.

We’ve had thoughtful discussions regarding 2A and I, for one, have seen a slight shift. When one of the most liberal anti-gunners contacts me asking for a “a safe gun I could borrow or buy” and I conditioned it on letting me teach him safety and familiarize him, that’s progress in my mind. Nobody is going to trip a breaker and everyone instantly becomes a 2A defender but I see progress, the glass is half full, not half empty.

I even had the opportunity to discuss normal capacity magazines. Standing in front of a target with misses and hits, I stopped one guy after 7 of the 19 rounds and asked him if the looter kept coming, what now? Can you reload under stress as a guy is running at you, two guys? Throw the pistol at him? If you discuss the average trained law enforcement hit vs shots fired rate and show them the target when his pulse rate is less than 180, they begin to understand.
    Last edited by Shark1007; 03-21-2020 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark1007 View Post
    After almost 70 years I’ve realized it’s conceivable that I don’t know everything.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Distinguished Member
    I had a hard time with it too.

Quote Originally Posted by High Seas Drifter View Post
    I'm actually OK living in a world without guns. But that's no guns, period. None exist. No LE, no military, no planes, no tanks . . . No guns. Like the Bronze Age and such. If that were the case, no problem with not having guns. I'd be a badazz swordsman, posting on the same forum (FCC), just discussing a different carry piece.
    Since I'm not a big, muscular guy, and never would be, I'm not OK with that. I'm glad there's a weapon around that requires only the will to learn and practice, not a genetic advantage over which I have no control.
    Steve
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member High Seas Drifter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve48 View Post
    Since I'm not a big, muscular guy, and never would be, I'm not OK with that. I'm glad there's a weapon around that requires only the will to learn and practice, not a genetic advantage over which I have no control.
    Hmmm . . . I'll have to think about that. Never considered it. Crossbow? Dagger? Poison Dust?

Yeah, good objection. *thinking*

-on Tapatalk
    • "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

Distinguished Member
    Ninja throwing stars.

Sposors