Got my CCW License, how do I begin carrying? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Got my CCW License, how do I begin carrying?

I'm sure Jim can get one out quickly if not try galco it will probably will ship in 2 days.
    Florida CWFL Member NRA

Or you can get something cheap at a local gun shop that will suffice until you get what you really need. Might as well start your "dead holster" box early!
    Steve
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by edgehill View Post
    Panther Concealment made a left handed holster for the Px4 Compact for me. Contact Jim at Panther.
    I ordered two 1911 holsters from Jim last week, and they shipped today.
    Rick

"Sights are for the unenlightened."

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Hey Buzzie, which pistol are you planning on carrying? The answers to your questions may change based on the size and function of your handgun.

Cheers y'all,
    Ken
    Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton.......

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzie View Post
    So I got my license and I am very excited to start carrying my firearm but i need some tips on how to start carrying. What do you recommend me to start with? I think I should start wearing the holster without the gun at home to se how it feels.
    The first thing you need to do is buy about 10 pair of 5.11 pants and shirts, a "concealed carry" photographers vest, some of those "tactical" sunglasses they advertise on TV for $19.99, and watch lots of videos to learn how to at least look like an "Operator". And don't forget the Concealed Carry Badge.

Just foolin'. Seriously, listen to the guys and gals on this forum. I've known most of them for many years, and the vast vast majority will steer you in the right direction. Call EBL, Bob Harvey, or Will Farujah for training. Then just relax.
    Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton.......

So I got my license and I am very excited to start carrying my firearm but i need some tips on how to start carrying. What do you recommend me to start with? I think I should start wearing the holster without the gun at home to se how it feels.
    You should definitely go to a range, talk to the range master, unfortunately some ranges are closed at present, but a good range master will have some info for you...you can talk to the other shooters at the range, most of "us" are friendly and love to show off our "stuff"and give you some tips.
    I see that you are in Parkland, bunch of us shoot at BASS PRO SHOPS on Tuesday mornings (opens at 11)...stop by. When the VIRUS is over...
    Daniel

Got my CCW License, how do I begin carrying?

Quote Originally Posted by daka View Post
    You should definitely go to a range, talk to the range master, unfortunately some ranges are closed at present, but a good range master will have some info for you...you can talk to the other shooters at the range, most of "us" are friendly and love to show off our "stuff"and give you some tips.
    I see that you are in Parkland, bunch of us shoot at BASS PRO SHOPS on Tuesday mornings (opens at 11)...stop by. When the VIRUS is over...
    Daniel
    Thanks for the invitation Daniel, I will definitely stop by as soon as they open. You go to the one in Dania correct? I'll speak with the range master when I get there but I'm sure you guys have so much knowledge. Someone recommended to practice using dry fire. Wouldn't that damage the gun? Unfortunately the holster I ordered is custom made so it will take 6 to 7 weeks, I'm going to have to order something that takes less time. I don't want to carry Mexican style. As soon as I get the holster I’ll wear the holster around the house with the gun and then learn how to draw to familiarize myself with how it feels. Thanks again for your feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Buzzie; 03-26-2020 at 06:55 PM.
    NRA Member 2020
    Beretta Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Hodawg View Post
    The first thing you need to do is buy about 10 pair of 5.11 pants and shirts, a "concealed carry" photographers vest, some of those "tactical" sunglasses they advertise on TV for $19.99, and watch lots of videos to learn how to at least look like an "Operator". And don't forget the Concealed Carry Badge.

Just foolin'. Seriously, listen to the guys and gals on this forum. I've known most of them for many years, and the vast vast majority will steer you in the right direction. Call EBL, Bob Harvey, or Will Farujah for training. Then just relax.
    LOL, I just saw a video where the guy lost his job because the new employer was a jerk and didn’t want guns on the job. He was carrying a conceal carry badge. OMG he looked so silly. That was hilarious Hodawg!

NRA Member 2020
    Beretta Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Hodawg View Post
    Hey Buzzie, which pistol are you planning on carrying? The answers to your questions may change based on the size and function of your handgun.

Cheers y'all,
    Ken
    The gun I plan to carry is the Beretta px4 storm compact. I think the 92G is too big to carry right now, I would love to carry both, not at the same time however I think some people marry carry more than one at the same time. I have to take my time learning the ropes.

NRA Member 2020
    Beretta Enthusiast

The gun I plan to carry is the Beretta px4 storm compact. I think the 92G is too big to carry right now, I would love to carry both, not at the same time however I think some people marry carry more than one at the same time. I have to take my time learning the ropes.

I carried that gun for years. One piece of advice I got when I carried it is to keep the barrel lug lubbed since it has a tendency to dry out. If it’s too dry, it will hang up when firing and you’ll get a failure to feed.
    "We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free." Ronald Reagan, June 6, 1984, speech at Omaha Beach Memorial
    COTEP: 739

Sposors